Author Topic: Recipe database search enhancements  (Read 186 times)

Offline studio1022

• 1st Kit
Recipe database search enhancements
« on: February 03, 2021, 02:06:03 AM »
Greetings,
First, let me say that I enjoy Zymurgy magazine and the great material that I am finding on the AHA website as a new member. I used to brew extract-only beers 20 years ago and with the pandemic, I've gotten into brewing again and I'm brewing All-grain now. There's so much to learn and try.

I wanted to ask if you've received requests to make your recipe database searchable with some more specific queries. I also cook quite a bit and like the flexibility of the http://epicurious.com Recipe Search.

In addition to having a text search, there are also several different options--something like:
--
INCLUDE/EXCLUDE INGREDIENTS:
  • Fish

DISH TYPE:
  • Condiment/Spread

MEAL & COURSE:
  • Appetizer

I am cross-referencing articles and different recipes because I'm a geek and feeling like it's more laborious with homebrewing than with some other subjects. Just my 2 cents. Thanks.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Recipe database search enhancements
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 05:25:10 PM »
Thanks for your thoughts.  This is beyond the purview of the GC but I'll bring it to the attention of the proper people.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell