Author Topic: Bread  (Read 103 times)

Offline narcout

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Los Angeles, CA
Bread
« on: November 01, 2019, 11:51:28 PM »
I don't have any experience with bread.  This was my second attempt with a very basic recipe (water, yeast, sugar, salt, and flour) in a dutch oven.  It's actually pretty damn good.  I'm going to try to bake some more on Sunday.

There's nothing left to dismantle; the house it just collapsed on itself.  - A. Savage

Offline Richard

• Brewer
Re: Bread
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 04:51:50 AM »
Once you get the hang of it, try using a cup of spent grain in place of a cup of whole wheat flour (and reduce the water a bit) and get some interesting taste and texture at no extra cost. I always take a few cups of my spent grain and put it in the freezer for use in making bread.
Original Gravity - that would be Newton's

Offline Visor

• Brewer
Re: Bread
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 09:32:55 PM »
Nice 2nd go at breadmaking, a warm hunk of that dunked in N/A coffee stout would probably be pretty damn tasty. A word of warning though, making bread can be about as addictive as brewing, which isn't surprising as the both entail a buttload of carbs, an infinite variety of possible permutations and ingredients, and a lot of yeast wrangling. Hmmm, ya got me thinking, it's been over a year since I've made bread, and the game does start kinda late tomorrow...
I spent most of my money on beer, tools and guns, the rest I foolishly squandered on stupid stuff!