Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Danby kegerator  (Read 970 times)

Offline cwh

• 1st Kit
Danby kegerator
« on: November 21, 2019, 11:22:22 am »
I have bottled for over 20 years (I'm clearly very tired) and bought a Craigslist Danby kegerator cheap and it will not respond to temperature adjustments, remaining at 45.  Two questions I hope will resolve some of my issues.   I have a corny keg with beer in the 45 degree kegerator without bottling sugar.   Seems 50 degrees is a cut off; will this situation eventually carbonate my beer?  Question, or maybe, point #2.  Seems Danby has a lot of these thermostat issues (I got nothing really from many attempts at their customer service source) and I wonder if I can fix this, if it needs fixed, or if it's time to check Craigslist again.  Thanks, CWH

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Danby kegerator
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 12:28:40 pm »
You could use an external thermostat, with an independent temperature probe.  Some of these even take into account cycling of the compressor to avoid overcycling.  Johnson Controls and Inkbird come to mind.

Cheers.
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline EHall

• Brewmaster
Re: Danby kegerator
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 09:26:47 am »
I have an older danby. the temp cycles on mine about 4degrees. I can set mine to 36/37 and it will go back up to about 41/42 then turn back on. Depending on your model you can get the controller board from them or possibly ebay and replace it yourself if you're comfortable with that.
Phoenix, AZ