Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Stuck beer faucet  (Read 3475 times)

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Stuck beer faucet
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2020, 05:50:14 am »

Everclear 151 ... can be used right out of the bottle ... without any risk of toxicity (unless you drink it. lol ;-).

Charlie

Truth.  I did some rigorous testing on this when stuck in a blizzard on my 19th birthday.  To this day I will solemnly aver that the only safe application for Everclear involves a bottle which will spray it directly away from your person.  ;D

I'll bet the hangover was a b****!   :D
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified

Offline joe_meadmaker

• Brewer
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2020, 05:48:37 pm »
The new Perlick faucets have arrived and are installed.  Just a simple and beautiful design.  I have high hopes that the stuck faucet problem is a thing of the past.  They do seem to allow a greater flow than the previous faucets, so I still need to tweak my pressures a bit.  But everything is working well so far.  Enjoying the first poured stout as I type this.

Offline Robert

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2020, 05:50:08 pm »
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2020, 02:54:29 pm »
I have Perlick fwd sealing flow control faucets connected directly to the keg QD(s). I like this set up because I have no beer lines to clean, get a great pour, and no sticking between pours. I’ve heard folks getting leaks, all sorts of bad pours, and other problems but I haven’t had these issues with my faucets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is what I do also. I have three flow control faucets: two Perlick and one Intertap. All work well.

Offline Alfredbrewer

• Cellarman
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2020, 06:13:22 pm »
I was having the same problem about a year or year and a half ago. You will not regret the perlicks. I haven't had a single issue with my 630ss's. I love them.

Offline joe_meadmaker

• Brewer
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2020, 07:23:43 pm »
I was having the same problem about a year or year and a half ago. You will not regret the perlicks. I haven't had a single issue with my 630ss's. I love them.

Glad to hear!  They're still quite new for me, but so far so good.