Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Home Brewing Outside the Home  (Read 1730 times)

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Home Brewing Outside the Home
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2019, 03:18:50 pm »
What you really need is to consult a local lawyer with expertise in applicable statutes and regulations.  Your local bar association should be able to identify members with experience in this area of practice, or quite possibly if you ask a local commercial brewer, they'll have a good lawyer's number in their phone.  Cheaper to consult and be sure up front than to face unforeseen consequences later, as BrewBama indicated.

Or you could straight to the source and just ask whatever alcohol control authority you have for their take.  I've done that several times here.  It's easy, straightforward, and authoritative.

Yes, but get it in writing...if you can. ;)

...and ask about transporting it after you brew.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Barbarian Brewer

• 1st Kit
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2019, 07:48:45 pm »
Ask around at your church or ask your pastor if any members are lawyers.  I did that for an Oktoberfest we had at our church.  I knew one of our parishioners was a lawyer.  So I asked him and he was able to send me a section of the law pertaining to making and serving home brew.  Here in Wisconsin you can sell home-brewed beer as a fund-raiser but, only for a free-will offering.  Meaning someone could walk up, drink your beer and walk away without giving you a penny.  We kept it physically separate from the commercial beer sales.  I don't remember if that was part of the law or us just thinking it was a good idea.   
"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee alot." -Capital Brewery, Middleton, WI

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2019, 09:54:01 pm »
As an attorney who practiced in Texas for several years I will just leave it at suggesting this is a really bad idea for you and your church.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2019, 05:31:30 am »
As an attorney who practiced in Texas for several years I will just leave it at suggesting this is a really bad idea for you and your church.
Why do you suggest that?
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995