Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Babalu  (Read 149681 times)

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Babalu
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2010, 06:28:27 am »
Great to hear!  Maybe we could ship up some milk stout for an IV drip!  Its supposed to be nourishing and healing and all!

Pulling for you Jeff!

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2010, 09:31:18 am »
Thanks, Frank.  It's great to hear encouraging news.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline frankw

• Cellarman
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2010, 04:35:35 pm »
Update: 9/7/2010

Jeff had another pretty good day.   He remains off the ventilator and they consider him completely weaned from it, at this point.  He's breathing on his own and is coughing on his own.  Tests for kidney, liver and pancreas function all came back normal.

His wife said his eye movement was even more pronounced today as his family was talking to him and joking with him.    When they rolled him over today he briefly opened his eyes again. 

They'll probably be moving him out of the RACU soon and up to Neurology again, not in the ICU, but in the regular unit.  There they will work on getting him off the antiseizure meds.  The reason for the RACU stay was to get him off the ventilator, which he did rather quickly.

No MRI details yet,  they should come tomorrow afternoon.   Your prayers and positive thoughts seem to be working, keep it up!

Frank

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2010, 04:37:26 pm »
WOOHOO!!!  :D
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline Janis

• AHA Project Coordinator/NHC Director
  • Brewer
  • Which came first, the pelican or the beer?
    • American Homebrewers Association
« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2010, 04:39:47 pm »
Thanks, Frank!

This is great news, and I continue to keep Jeff and his family in my thoughts.  I hope his recovery is swift and complete.

Cheers,
    Janis
Janis Gross
National Homebrew Competition Director
AHA Project Coordinator
janis@brewersassociation.org

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2010, 05:18:12 pm »
C'mon Jeff!
It sounds like your are closing in on the home stretch now.
Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #111 on: September 07, 2010, 07:07:53 pm »
This is good news!

Glad to hear the reports Frank.

Thanks!
Ron Price

Offline frankw

• Cellarman
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2010, 04:10:48 pm »
Update: 9/9/2010

Jeff had another good day.  While moving him twice today he opened his eyes.  The second time the nurse asked him to squeeze his hand, unfortunately he didn't.  Then he asked Jeff if he could blink his eyes and he did.  Another time they were doing and EEG on him and the nurse pinched him with a pair of tweezers.  Jeff grimaced and growled at him.   We should get the results of the EEG tomorrow.  He had a slight fever yesterday and the day before.  Today his temperature was back to normal and they didn't need to give him any Tylenol today.  All positive signs.

Thanks to everyone who's kept Jeff and his family in their thoughts and prayers.  I honestly believe it's helping.  Keep it going.

Frank
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 04:17:19 pm by frankw »

Offline tankdeer

• Brewer
  • Portland, OR
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2010, 04:18:00 pm »
Hang in there buddy. We're all pulling for ya
No TV and no beer make Homer something something...

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2010, 05:42:58 pm »
There's beer at the end of the tunnel, Jeff. Get off your butt and come grab one!

Just kidding. Still thinking about you, buddy.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

beveragebob

« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2010, 10:12:30 pm »
Happy to see he is making progress. Keep up the fight Babalu! Looks like your winning the battle!

Offline frankw

• Cellarman
« Reply #116 on: September 12, 2010, 02:08:25 pm »
Update: 9/12/2010

Jeff had a pretty good weekend. He opened his eyes on his own a few times over the last couple days, one time today for a couple of minutes. While he is opening his eyes, he's not tracking tracking objects yet. Yesterday, when the physical therapist was moving Jeff he again opened his eyes. He was on his side and the therapist had his wife get right in Jeff's face and call his name. She says for a brief time Jeff made eye contact with her.

The next 5-7 days are really important for Jeff. If he makes some significant progress they will be transferring him to a rehab facility where he'll undergo an aggressive rehabilitation. If he doesn't they'll be transferring him to a Long Term Acute Care facility, where the rehabilitation he will receive will not be aggressive. Basically, they can't treat him aggressively if he's not responding

Now is the time we really need to ramp up the positive thoughts and prayers and get Jeff on the fast track to recovery.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2010, 03:04:07 pm »
I'll definitely be praying and sending positive thoughts for him this week. Thanks for the update, frank.

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2010, 03:08:09 pm »
Lotsa fishing and brewing to be done! Up and at 'em, bro! Godspeed...
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2010, 03:28:50 pm »
As always hoping and praying for the best for Jeff.

Thanks again Frank for the update!
Ron Price