Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Babalu  (Read 149642 times)

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
Re: Babalu
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2010, 03:32:55 pm »
Go Jeff!
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #121 on: September 13, 2010, 12:25:30 am »
If it is EEE and if Jeff makes it, he's in for months of recovery. So please keep Jeff, his wife and his kids in your thoughts and prayers.

Time to cross fingers and say some fervent prayers everybody. Thirty-two days have passed and just only a few more could make a real difference in how Jeff turns out.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
« Reply #122 on: September 13, 2010, 08:29:55 am »
Thanks again Frank!!!  Positive thoughts & prayers continue to flow from central Nebraska!!!  GET WELL JEFF!!!!!!
If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Offline tankdeer

• Brewer
  • Portland, OR
« Reply #123 on: September 13, 2010, 08:53:00 am »
Stay strong Jeff, you can beat this thing.
No TV and no beer make Homer something something...

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2010, 09:39:58 am »
I'm not a praying kind of person, but all my positive thoughts and energy are going to Jeff! 
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline wpshadowens

• Cellarman
  • Macomb, MI
    • CRAFT Homebrew Club
« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2010, 10:36:54 am »
My thoughts and prayers are with you Jeff. Keep on fighting!!!
Bill Shadowens
Secretary, CRAFT Homebrew Club
(Clinton River Association of Fermentation Technologists)

Great minds drink alike...

Offline frankw

• Cellarman
« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2010, 06:18:40 am »
Update: 9/15/2010

Not a whole lot to report, just more small positive things.  The neurologist have noticed an increase in his reflexes, he's still opening his eyes with and without stimulation, but he's still not tracking yet.  His temperature is good, they haven't seen any seizure activity and his overall condition is fairly stable.  

Please keep the prayers and positive thoughts coming.  We need to wake him up.

The family has set up a fundraiser for Jeff and his family, here is local news story on that: http://wbztv.com/local/jeffery.fuller.eee.2.1912121.html

If you'd like to make donations:

Checks should be made payable to:
Michelle Fitzgerald FBO Jeffrey Fuller

and they should be sent to:

Eastern Bank
226 Main St.
Wareham, MA 02571

Or donations can be made via PayPal

I will personally match all PayPal donations.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 08:13:15 pm by frankw »

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2010, 06:50:45 am »
It is really hard to believe that a mosquito bit could cause this to happen.  I am praying for Jeff and his family.  I will also make a donation.  Thanks for the update Frank.  Please keep us informed on any further progress.  Thanks again.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 08:47:34 am by bluesman »
Ron Price

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #128 on: September 15, 2010, 08:33:11 am »
Wake up, Jeff!

I'm not a praying man either, but I have a stack of holy books here that I'm willing to use if that's what it takes. C'mon, buddy. You can do it.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline Pawtucket Patriot

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Rebelling against cheap swill since 2005
    • Bauhaus Brew Labs
« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2010, 09:41:37 am »
Pulling for you, Jeff!  I wanna talk Dampfbier with you again soon!
Matt Schwandt | Minneapolis, MN
AHA Member

Partial-Mash Pictorial
All-Grain Pictorial

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2010, 07:44:29 pm »
As I stated on the Northernbrewer forum in reference to the Paypal option... "Done & done! Only from Nebraska. "Git-R-Done Jeff!!!" The forums & friends are patiently waiting! Cheers!!!!"

Thanks for making the paypal option available to us & matching the donations Frank!  Jeff has a great friend watching over him!!
If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Offline frankw

• Cellarman
« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2010, 08:39:44 am »

Offline frankw

• Cellarman
« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2010, 07:20:36 pm »
update 9/17/2010

Made it in to visit Jeff this afternoon.  A lot of the same things that have been going on. His eyes were moving around most of the time. He was also coughing and yawning and he opened his eyes off and on for about 10 seconds or so when his wife moved his head. We got in his face and yelled at him a bit. He'd open his eyes for a second or two then close them and we'd tell him to wake up, he'd open them again for a second or two. I know they're really looking for him to track objects, etc. But I don't see how he could even focus. Hell, I had to wake up for a conference call this morning at 3:45AM. I'm pretty sure that's what I looked like for a couple minutes.

His temperature is good, he's not receiving any extra oxygen at all and there hasn't been any seizure activity. They've got his anti-seizure meds down to therapeutic levels so they shouldn't be holding him back too much at this point. Aside from him not being awake his health is pretty stable now.

Unless he wakes up over the weekend, they're talking about transferring him to the Long Term Acute Care (LTAC) facility. The goal there will be to wake him up. Once awake, he'll be transferred to Rehab for more aggressive treatment. Insurance only allows for so many days of rehab. You don't want to waste them by sending him there before he's ready.

The family has been in contact with the family of the guy from Rhode Island who has EEE. His mother told Jeff's wife that the way Jeff is right now, opening his eyes, etc., is pretty much the same way her son gradually woke up. The RI guys is doing well in rehab, he's walking, talking, and feeding himself. His short term memory isn't great but he's improving. This of course, doesn't mean this is how it will happen for Jeff, but the news is encouraging. Jeff got sick about two weeks after the RI guy did.

After the visit we went around the corner for a beer and a bite to eat. As we sat there I got a text from a friend saying Jeff was going to be on channel 7 in a few minutes. We look across the street and there's the channel 7 news crew doing the piece on Jeff. It was pretty strange.

Here's that news piece: http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/12002241716034/report-middleboro-man-in-coma-due-to-eee/

As always, please keep up the positive thoughts and prayers.

Frank

Donate to Jeff via Paypal
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 07:29:13 pm by frankw »

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2010, 07:24:28 pm »
Sometimes you have to be thankful for news that isn't bad.

Thanks for the update, Frank. We're still here pulling for ya, Jeff.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2010, 03:43:46 pm »
Baby steps...that's what it's all about at this point.

I am very hopeful that everything will all work out for Jeff.

Thanks for the update Frank.
Ron Price