Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Babalu  (Read 149564 times)

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
Re: Babalu
« Reply #270 on: November 05, 2010, 04:16:23 pm »
Hot damn, that's great news!
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #271 on: November 05, 2010, 04:18:49 pm »
I'm not trying to start an argument, especially in this thread.  But crediting prayer is an affront to the women and men who have worked so hard all of this time to help Jeff get better.  The credit goes to them, all of the doctors and scientists before them who figured out how to treat his condition, his wife for getting him to the hospital quickly, and perhaps most importantly, Jeff for being strong and fighting.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline kgs

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sonoma County, CA
« Reply #272 on: November 05, 2010, 04:29:19 pm »
I'm not trying to start an argument, especially in this thread.  But crediting prayer is an affront to the women and men who have worked so hard all of this time to help Jeff get better.  The credit goes to them, all of the doctors and scientists before them who figured out how to treat his condition, his wife for getting him to the hospital quickly, and perhaps most importantly, Jeff for being strong and fighting.

You are right to acknowledge the people who are helping Jeff. But we can agree to believe in what we believe in... there's enough credit to go around. If people think prayer changes things, then they are right. It changes *them* in important ways, and that's miracle enough.
K.G. Schneider
AHA Member

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #273 on: November 05, 2010, 04:53:18 pm »

You are right to acknowledge the people who are helping Jeff. But we can agree to believe in what we believe in... there's enough credit to go around. If people think prayer changes things, then they are right. It changes *them* in important ways, and that's miracle enough.

That's very tactful and sensitive. In retrospect my last post was probably too much for some. For that I will apologize.

Tom I'll pm ya.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #274 on: November 05, 2010, 04:54:38 pm »
Thoughts and prayers go out to Jeff, his family and freinds and all who have stood by him in his time of need.

I raise a pint to his full recovery.

...and as always, Thanks Frank.  8)
Ron Price

boulderbrewer

« Reply #275 on: November 05, 2010, 10:15:46 pm »
Pray for the doctors and scienctist all you want, Jeff and his family needs our thoughts and good intentions and motivating thought. It is the positive thoughts that reallty help. Jeff get well.

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
« Reply #276 on: November 05, 2010, 10:28:58 pm »
I don't care what caused the recovery as long as it happens. Fight the good fight Jeff.
Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline Mikey

• Brewer
« Reply #277 on: November 06, 2010, 06:23:43 am »
Prayers can't hurt tschmidlin, and as you said, this isn't the place to argue their merits.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #278 on: November 06, 2010, 06:36:13 am »
Have to agree. Lets not let this thread devolve into that kind of argument. Please.

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #279 on: November 06, 2010, 08:48:58 am »

Very well said.
Speaking of miracles, we are overlooking one. How does a big ol' homebrewin' dude like Babalu go this long without a beer?! I know I'm farting dust after two days without one! Continued thoughts and prayers to Jeff and everyone involved in his recovery.
Someone(Frank?) make sure that there is a fine homebrew available for Jeff when he is ready!
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
« Reply #280 on: November 06, 2010, 09:00:21 am »

Very well said.
Speaking of miracles, we are overlooking one. How does a big ol' homebrewin' dude like Babalu go this long without a beer?! I know I'm farting dust after two days without one! Continued thoughts and prayers to Jeff and everyone involved in his recovery.
Someone(Frank?) make sure that there is a fine homebrew available for Jeff when he is ready!
The question I have is which beer? It begs a new thread...It has me thinking, that is for sure. Is there a mini-fridge in room, if not go find the big one in the hallway with the mini sodas and take them out...
Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline akr71

• Brewmaster
  • Beer Ain't Drinkin' - Mojo Nixon
« Reply #281 on: November 06, 2010, 12:12:01 pm »
Maybe we should start a pool on what style of beer will be Babalu's first!
Andy

Amherst, NS - Canada

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #282 on: November 06, 2010, 12:30:24 pm »

We could then arrive at a recipe by consensus- and have it brewed and sent to him for when he's ready! He probably has a favorite style.

Flip side to that it might be Jeff won't be doing any drinking for quite a while. Depends on the extent of his recovery and what medications he'll be taking.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #283 on: November 06, 2010, 02:37:40 pm »
Prayers can't hurt tschmidlin, and as you said, this isn't the place to argue their merits.
Have to agree. Lets not let this thread devolve into that kind of argument. Please.
I haven't made any statements about the efficacy of prayer.  I am simply saying that crediting prayer alone is insulting to all of the people who demonstrably saved his life and are by his side day in and day out keeping him going.  I guess that is an unpopular point of view.  :-\
Tom Schmidlin

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #284 on: November 06, 2010, 02:39:05 pm »

We could then arrive at a recipe by consensus- and have it brewed and sent to him for when he's ready! He probably has a favorite style.

Flip side to that it might be Jeff won't be doing any drinking for quite a while. Depends on the extent of his recovery and what medications he'll be taking.
I like this idea euge, maybe we should go with Drew's 30-year beer.  Then it will keep as long as it needs to, and he can have some every year to celebrate. :)
Tom Schmidlin