Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Babalu  (Read 148859 times)

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
Re: Babalu
« Reply #435 on: April 23, 2011, 09:11:20 am »
What a great update.. I continue to pray for Jeff's recovery.  Cheers!!!
If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #436 on: April 23, 2011, 10:35:26 am »
Fantastic! Hopefully his progress will continue unabated and he can go home. Great news!
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
« Reply #437 on: April 24, 2011, 07:33:01 am »
What a long road.  Prayers answered. I too hope you get home soon. 
Did I say I LOATH mosquitoes.....
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Offline frankw

• Cellarman
« Reply #438 on: May 05, 2011, 05:24:56 pm »
Jeff had a great day today.  In OT they had him building shapes out of plastic pipes.  They'd show him a picture and he would build the shape.  He did pretty well.   They had him spelling words with some letter tiles.  And the highlight of the day, they put Jeff in a harness and had him on the walking machine.  Supported by the harness he was doing great job walking, putting one foot in front of the other.

He doesn't seem to have any after effects from the gall bladder surgery and is much more alert now that they've discontinued the pain killers they started giving him after the surgery.  But he is fighting yet another infection, although it doesn't seem to bee holding him back much. 

Overall he's making good progress lately.  His short term memory is improving as are his gross and fine motor skills.  He's still got a long way to go, but at least for the moment, things are looking a little brighter.

Please keep Jeff in your thoughts and prayers.  He still needs all our support.

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
« Reply #439 on: May 05, 2011, 05:58:28 pm »
I always enjoy a good update Frank!  I continue to keep Jeff in my prayers.  Cheers!!!
If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #440 on: May 05, 2011, 07:23:01 pm »
Continued hope and prayers from MI. Spring is upon us!
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #441 on: May 05, 2011, 08:04:09 pm »
Thanks for the continued updates Frank. Glad to hear of Jeff's postitve report. I hope he will continue to see these kinds of progressions.
Ron Price

Offline frankw

• Cellarman
« Reply #442 on: May 10, 2011, 03:59:54 pm »
Jeff's niece set up this Facebook page back when the insurance companies were giving Jeff a hard time.   The family updates it with news about Jeff and you'll find comments from friends, family and folks just concerned about Jeff.  

This slideshow video was recently posted.  This video was shown during Jeff's big fundraiser back in December.  It gives a little insight into the father, husband, family man and friend that Jeff is.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #443 on: May 10, 2011, 07:59:28 pm »
Jeff's niece set up this Facebook page back when the insurance companies were giving Jeff a hard time.   The family updates it with news about Jeff and you'll find comments from friends, family and folks just concerned about Jeff.  

This slideshow video was recently posted.  This video was shown during Jeff's big fundraiser back in December.  It gives a little insight into the father, husband, family man and friend that Jeff is.

Very moving slide show.

Thanks Frank!
Ron Price

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
« Reply #444 on: May 11, 2011, 08:30:24 am »

Very moving slide show.

Very much so. Wishing Jeff all the best in the world. Cheers!!!

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #445 on: May 11, 2011, 09:12:54 am »
Very cool. As a fellow hunter, fisherman, and homebrewer, I pray you can do these great activities again soon!
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline frankw

• Cellarman
« Reply #446 on: May 20, 2011, 01:38:08 pm »
Jeff's been making some big improvements lately.  

Here's a quick video of Jeff.  His wife handed him the pole and he knew exactly what to do.  

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1714027606293

I got a text from his wife today.  Jeff called her to tell her that the Bruins won last night , 2-0.  ;D

It's a great day. Have a great weekend all.

Frank

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #447 on: May 20, 2011, 01:39:09 pm »
Fantastic news!  8)
Ron Price

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #448 on: May 20, 2011, 01:43:46 pm »
Looks like he is doing very well!
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #449 on: May 20, 2011, 02:16:53 pm »
That's really great, thanks for posting the link.
Tom Schmidlin