General Category > Beer Travel

Beer Travel via Airplane

(1/2) > >>

central_wa_brewing:
On the weekends, I fly my fiance around the Pacific NW to try out different breweries.  We fill up a half dozen growlers and get home in time to throw some rib eyes on the Weber and sit back and enjoy some fresh beer.
The only problem is I can't try any of the beers at the brewery while she sits back with a sh!t-eating grin on her face behind an empty goblet.
Hood River, OR is a great place to fly/drive to for some awesome beers and food.  If anyone goes through there, skip Full Sail and hit up Double Mountain.

glitterbug:
When I fly my private jet to the pacific nw, I usually stay the night at a hotel so I don't have to drink and fly.

mtbrewer:
If you are in Hood River, it is well worth the 40 minute drive to Stevenson Wa. Walking Man brewery, home of Old Stumblefoot Barley Wine. Walking Man is a small brewpub, and his beers reflect it, more like drinking fantastic homebrew than craft beer. I would highly recommend you stop by, if you are in the area!

hopfenundmalz:
I would second Walking Man.

Their Homo Erectus is a great beer.  Of course I hear people like to say "give me a Homo" when ordering, but what do I know?

central_wa_brewing:
Walking Man does have some good beer.  I love their bar stools with all that rebar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version