Author Topic: New to Brew-From St Louis  (Read 203 times)

Offline Daedric_Angel

• 1st Kit
New to Brew-From St Louis
« on: January 08, 2020, 09:47:25 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Most of my buddies call me Daedric, If your a gamer you may get the reference. Anyway I am a Husband, Father, Gamer, Twitch Steamer(though I been inactive lately due to that thing we call LIFE), and now a noobie to Homebrewing!
I am a born and raised Missourian near St Louis with Hobbies that include fishing, gaming, shooting sports, and pretty much anything that sounds fun. Even though I am close to the original Budweiser brewery its not my go to, my drinks of choice include Wheat Beer such as Boulevard Hazy Wheat, Bourbon- Devil's River or Buffalo Trace but recently I tried some local made Mead and it made me decide to get home brewing a try. I started my first batch yesterday with 3 - 1 gallon carboys of standard Mead and a 1 gallon carboy of Blackberry Mead. Tomorrow I plan to start a batch of Cider possibly Cherry Apple. I expect my first batches to be horrible, that way if it turns out good I am exceeding my expectations, lol.

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
Re: New to Brew-From St Louis
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 10:22:00 PM »
Welcome to the obsession!   ;)

Your first batches may be better than you think.  Take your time, clean thoroughly and do what you can to keep your fermentation temps under control (I.e. not too warm) and you will be fine.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline Daedric_Angel

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 10:41:46 PM »
I did a lot of homework first  :) , I have Star San and sanitized everything, they are fermenting in a 68-70 degree windowless room in a cabinet.

Offline mdyer909

• Cellarman
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 11:24:42 PM »
Mead takes forever.  Brew up a nice batch of brown ale to tide you over!