Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 2020 NHC Application Acceptance Rate  (Read 2171 times)

Offline Charles Wolfe

• 1st Kit
2020 NHC Application Acceptance Rate
« on: January 14, 2020, 12:37:31 pm »
How many people get accepted into the competition and what percentage of people get in? I got in last year and applied this year with the possibility of judging if possible. I assume that most if not all applications are accepted but I am curious of what the stats are.

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
Re: 2020 NHC Application Acceptance Rate
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 12:52:35 pm »
I also wonder if the amount of people who submit for entries will be down with the changes to the additional money if you make second round.  I'm forgoing entering this year partly because of that.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline Charles Wolfe

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 12:55:22 pm »
Good Point. It is already a bit pricey to have multiple entries at $16 per entry. But I would be far too excited to make it to the second round to even think for a second that $9 was too much.

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 09:18:00 am »
I got 2/2 entries last year, I think it's pretty high. The 2nd round fee really had me reconsidering, but I'm planning on going to HomebrewCon this year. I'd love it get a beer in the final round again this year.

Offline johnny_mo

• Cellarman
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 02:22:01 pm »
Hey Charles, last year everyone who submitted an application in the open-enrollment got an opportunity to enter the competition. Once notified, entrants have 7 days to log in and pay for their entries. If they do not do that within the 7 days, they are removed from the competition for others on the wait list, think of it as a rolling admission with a deadline.

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 06:14:37 am »
I got 2/2 entries last year, I think it's pretty high. The 2nd round fee really had me reconsidering, but I'm planning on going to HomebrewCon this year. I'd love it get a beer in the final round again this year.

I submitted 4 last year and got 1 (cider) into the second round, which won silver.  I think I'll take this year off...don't have anything ready anyways. 
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline wes

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 03:12:24 pm »
I have a question, and sorry if I'm hijacking this thread-
What if I registered up for four but am thinking one isn't going to be competition-ready? I know I can adjust my application before the deadline, but what if it is post-deadline when I decide that one entry is a bit 'green'?
Thanks in advance!

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2020, 03:41:40 pm »
I have a question, and sorry if I'm hijacking this thread-
What if I registered up for four but am thinking one isn't going to be competition-ready? I know I can adjust my application before the deadline, but what if it is post-deadline when I decide that one entry is a bit 'green'?
Thanks in advance!
Just enter it. It will sit for some time before judging anyway. You never know it might end up scoring the best.
Dan Chisholm

Offline wes

• 1st Kit
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2020, 04:03:18 pm »
Just enter it. It will sit for some time before judging anyway. You never know it might end up scoring the best.
Will do! Thank you for the advice.