I don’t know if you got this answer already, but if you want to minimize the mess and effort in minimizing that mess, tear a hole in the side of a zip-lock bag. Slip it over the end of the mill so that it covers the burrs. The weight of the ziplock mechanism helps to keep it opening-side down. I looked for a photo, but I just have a video.
Last Friday night, I brewed my first batch in over a decade. I still have all my stuff after a few moves, including my corona mill. I’ll come up with a more elegant solution someday, but on Friday I kept it simple. I clamped and drywall screwed my mill to a scrap of 2x4 and clamped that into my bench vise. I used an eye-bolt that I cut into a hook, chucked into my cordless drill to drive the eye that I have threaded where the crank used to be.
Eventually I’ll dedicate a crummy old corded drill that I have and rig something up so that I can have both hands free for loading the grain into the hopper and drinking a beer. “Alexa, grind the grain”
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk