Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Suggested methods to persuade your parents to buy you a skateboard  (Read 1080 times)

Offline linedadelas

• 1st Kit
Go spammers >:(
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 07:50:29 am by linedadelas »

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
Re: Brewer's Gloves?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 05:24:01 am »
I use a pair of Weber Grilling gloves that I have for the smoker.  They resemble welder's glove more than anything else.  I only use them for moving kettles off the turkey fryer stand.  I got tired of having slightly burned fingers or starting shop towels on fire.

I don't contact the boiling liquid very often so I've never worried about to much about water proof gloves.  Except for the stronger caustic cleaners, and for that stuff I have nitrile gloves in the shop for cleaning brushes/auto repair work anyway.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 05:30:27 am »
I have some lined rubber (can't remember type) grilling glove that are for pulling meat off of the grill. Food safe, so that is good. Saw those at the big box stores, said I'm buying these right now.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline scrap iron

• Assistant Brewer
  • K.C.
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 06:54:38 am »
My daughter bought me a pair of Ove gloves, as seen on tv. After burning my hand when dumping the BK while rinsing with hot water I remembered the gloves and use them every brew day. They are not waterproof but work on the hot stuff.
Mike F.                                                                              “I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.”

Abraham Lincoln

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 07:13:25 am »
I bought some chemical resistant gloves at Lowe's.  They are thicker and work well for chemical and hot liquid uses.
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified

Offline Visor

• Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 09:12:03 am »
   I have a couple pairs of the green, long cuff heavy duty nitrile gloves that M.B. and Williams sell, no name brand on the packaging. I use regular kitchen gloves for a lot of stuff, they provide better tactile sensitivity but they're a PITA to get on and off, if I'm in a hurry, need better heat resistance or more skin coverage it's the greenies I grab. If I need more serious heat resistance, like breaking up dough balls by hand in 150* mash, I use Scorpio gloves by Ansell Edmont that I think I got from MSC supply years ago.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 09:15:33 am by Visor »
I spent most of my money on beer, tools and guns, the rest I foolishly squandered on stupid stuff!