We are currently hiring for a full-time Assistant Brewer position. We need a passionate, hardworking, and committed brewer looking for an opportunity with a growing brewery. Must have a flexible schedule with the occasional weekend shift. A basic understanding of brewing or fermentation science is a must. See below for responsibilities and requirements.
• Primary Focus - Ensuring Quality and Integrity of Our Beer
• Assisting Master Brewer
• Brewing Beer According to Recipe Specifications
• Assisting with Prep Work, including Milling, Mashing, Boiling, Transferring, and Cooling
• Transferring and Packaging Beer
• Keeping the Facility Clean and Functional
• Performing Any Necessary Maintenance, including Equipment Inspection
• Completing Accurate Paperwork as Needed
• Working with the Master Brewer to Make Adjustments to Daily Operations
• CIP + General Cleaning and Sanitation
• Keg Tracking and Monitoring
• Raw Material Inventory and Handling
• Executing All Job Functions According to the Button Brew House SOPs
• Cleaning, Cleaning, and Cleaning
• Experience - At least 1 year of relevant experience in a similar position or a formal brewing education.
• Physical Requirements - Working in a brewery is a very physically demanding job. Must have the ability to lift 55 pounds regularly and 165 pounds occasionally, handle hot and cold liquids, shovel hot wet grain, and climb stairs repeatedly throughout a shift.
• Must have superior knowledge of the beer industry, including styles, brewery technology, and ingredients.
• Must have the ability to work in a non-temperature controlled environment, handling of hazardous materials, and operation of complex and heavy machinery.
• Must have an understanding of safety standards.
• Must have attention to detail.
• Must have excellent communication, time management, and troubleshooting skills.
• Must have the ability to stand for 8-12 hours/day.
• Must have a commitment to the continual improvement of our beer and brewing processes.
• Must be a team player and have the ability to work with the Master Brewer to further the company goals.
• Must be at least 21 years of age and have proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Button Brew House offers competitive compensation, employee discounts, opportunities for advancement and more.
Button Brew House is an equal-opportunity employer.
If you are interested, send your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you’re interested and why you believe you’re a good fit to email@example.com. Enter “I want to work where great craft lives!” in the subject line.