Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: SAVOR - used to be a great event  (Read 1133 times)

Offline smkranz

• Brewer
  • Maryland
    • Midnight Homebrewers' League
SAVOR - used to be a great event
« on: March 07, 2020, 04:38:53 pm »
Last time we attended SAVOR in D.C., I thought it was hands-down the best beer event I've attended.  Great beers, wonderful venue, paired food was great, little to no lines (the price helped keep out the riffraff), and it didn't break the bank for both days we attended.

The event has been scaled back to one day, the hotel currently shows only a $319/night room available, and today's email from from the Brewers Association informs us of the musical accompaniment:

SAVOR (May 15) will feature live performances from street artist Kelly Towles and DJ Mathias Brohm, providing a visual and aural feast to accompany your beer and food.

That's great...a graffiti artist, and a musical selection of "hip-hop/R&B, house, UK garage/grime, indie dance/rock, future bass, Top 40, Motown, Afrobeat, reggae/moombahton, Kuduro, drum and bass, punk, hardcore, metal, and more, Mathias has shared the stage with well-known national and international artists such as Jasmine Sullivan, Flosstradamus, Skepta, French Montana, Hannibal Burress, Lil Uzi Vert, Thievery Corporation, Wu-Tang Clan, Erykah Badu, Brodinski, Anna Lunoe, YG, A$AP Ferg, Kaytranada, DJ Sliink, & Hudson Mohawke."

I admit to being a fuddy-duddy, but think I'm tolerant of others' tastes.  Still, an up-scale beer evening of that?  WTF? 
Steve K.
BJCP Beer & Mead Certified
Midnight Homebrewers' League
http://www.midnighthomebrewers.org