Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: recent exBEERiment result  (Read 10501 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: recent exBEERiment result
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2023, 09:21:58 am »
I just bought a pound of Saaz to brew up some Czech lagers.  I hope there’s no citrus!

Continental or domestic?

domestic saaz taste alot more earthy to me that continental, although I havent used continental saaz in years

I'm not sure I could generalize like that
what do you mean?

I couldn't necessarily say domestic Saaz tastes more earthy than continental. Too many variables.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2023, 09:24:24 pm »
not to bump a dead thread, but brulosophy has been pushing these youtube videos and they seem to be run entirely by this one guy, who i dont recall from the website.

not sure what the agreement was on this but this guy is very uninteresting and irrelevant. https://www.youtube.com/@TheBrulosophyShow

the site has a very different feel, and yeah love it or hate it, it was a nice regularly updated site with some jibberjabber about homebrewing. seems to have moved on from the original owners/posters

Offline dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2023, 05:00:33 am »
not to bump a dead thread, but brulosophy has been pushing these youtube videos and they seem to be run entirely by this one guy, who i dont recall from the website.

not sure what the agreement was on this but this guy is very uninteresting and irrelevant. https://www.youtube.com/@TheBrulosophyShow

the site has a very different feel, and yeah love it or hate it, it was a nice regularly updated site with some jibberjabber about homebrewing. seems to have moved on from the original owners/posters

I see zero reference to this YouTube channel on the Brulosophy website, and am shocked they didn't have Marshall Schott on any episode introducing the host.  As such, I think this guy has stolen their trademark and is entirely NOT affiliated with Marshall's company in any way.  The guy is a loser and this is also why it's no surpsise if the content sucks.  I have reported this formally to them via the Brulosophy contact page that this has happened.  They'll get him kicked off if not affiliated.
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline saaz amore

• Cellarman
  • When your beer has a smell like a Pilsner Urquell
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2023, 06:28:13 am »
I... am shocked they didn't have Marshall Schott on any episode introducing the host.  As such, I think this guy has stolen their trademark and is entirely NOT affiliated with Marshall's company in any way.  The guy is a loser and this is also why it's no surpsise if the content sucks.  I have reported this formally to them via the Brulosophy contact page that this has happened.  They'll get him kicked off if not affiliated.

Here's a video from that channel with Marshall introducing the host.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9wKaR9tSUo
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 06:30:37 am by saaz amore »

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2023, 08:35:59 am »
Haven't seen the video, but is it Martin Keen?

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2023, 08:37:29 am »
Nevermind... Marshall responded back to me saying this guy is legit.

I have no horse in the race, I had no idea.  My apologies for confusion.
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline Richard

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2023, 09:41:33 am »
Yes, it is.
Original Gravity - that would be Newton's

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2023, 10:15:32 am »
Yes, it is.

Ah....I kinda know him. Had him on the podcast.

www.dennybrew.com