Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Lids for Big Mouth Bubbler  (Read 2047 times)

Offline HomeBrewBill

• 1st Kit
Lids for Big Mouth Bubbler
« on: June 28, 2018, 01:34:47 pm »
I recently picked up several Big Mouth Bubblers.  They came with screw-on one-port lids (Not the new type with the gasket).  I'd like to replace the one-port lids on some of them with a two-port lid.  I'd like to stick with a screw on and not go to the new type lid.  And now, finally, my question: Are there any lids from other brands that will screw onto the big mouth bubbler?

Thanks.
Bill

Offline Philbrew

• Brewmaster
Re: Lids for Big Mouth Bubbler
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 04:46:40 pm »
I recently picked up several Big Mouth Bubblers.  They came with screw-on one-port lids (Not the new type with the gasket).  I'd like to replace the one-port lids on some of them with a two-port lid.  I'd like to stick with a screw on and not go to the new type lid.  And now, finally, my question: Are there any lids from other brands that will screw onto the big mouth bubbler?

Thanks.
Bill
The new type lids seal a HELL of a lot better than the old screw on lids.  My $.02
Many of us would be on a strict liquid diet if it weren't for pretzels.

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 04:56:13 pm »

Thanks.
Bill
The new type lids seal a HELL of a lot better than the old screw on lids.  My $.02
I agree. I “screw” the new type lid into place.  It seals very well.

On thing though, on several occasions shortly after (several minutes) I have taken a beer out of the fridge from cold crashing, the lid has popped off and flown across the room.

- formerly alestateyall.

Offline NOLA Brewer

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 07:28:07 am »
I got fed up with my Bubbler lid popping off. These worked for me: https://www.etsy.com/listing/769968996/big-mouth-bubbler-lid-clips