Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: COVID-19  (Read 3694 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
Re: COVID-19
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2020, 10:30:57 am »
I got to watch Frozen 2 a few months early, so that's nice.

Offline Visor

• Brewmaster
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2020, 04:34:26 pm »
People need to talk qbout this, so the thred will stay open for now.  But I want to caution people to avoid politics.

I agree with this.

Oh, the virus has no politics.

From my understanding it's also ambivalent to religious persuasion.
  As of yesterday there were 10 cases statewide, 7 of those were here in BFE county. The same thing happened when West Nile was racing across the country at 5 times the speed the experts predicted, IIRC the county had a couple dozen cases before anywhere else in the state had any. Serious trendsetters we are indeed.
I spent most of my money on beer, tools and guns, the rest I foolishly squandered on stupid stuff!

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2020, 04:42:18 pm »
My heart goes out to the good folks of all walks of life undergoing financial strain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2020, 06:24:50 am »
My heart goes out to the good folks of all walks of life undergoing financial strain.

Mine too. I am one of the lucky ones now but when I was younger I worked as a chef. I would be out of work already if I still was. Most people in service industries have no vacation pay to fall back on and if they had health insurance at all they don’t now and have to scramble for it.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2020, 07:19:35 am »

I agree.  Most of our local restaurants have developed a Drive Up service.  Our Hooters servers are doing Home Delivery and our LHBS if accepting phone orders and delivering to you when you pull into the parking lot.  Unfortunately, I fear the worst is yet to come.
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2020, 05:52:18 am »
Has anyone heard from Weaze lately?

Brewing this morning and for some reason thought of Barry.  Hopefully he and his wife are doing well.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2020, 12:33:59 pm »
Yes, he and his wife are OK. You can find him on FB.

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2020, 06:50:09 pm »

Brewing this morning and for some reason thought of Barry.  Hopefully he and his wife are doing well.

Paul

Hey Brother! Thanks for thinking of me. Tammy has chemo all this. Her white count count has dropped more. 1.9 now. Her oncologist has told to not leave the house for any reason (other than chemo, of course) and no one is to come in. We have been practicing this already. She said if Tammy were to contract this, she will for certain die. I was furloughed yesterday. Employer said it will work out best for me that way and he assured I will not lose my insurance. He's a good guy. Trying to keep ourselves entertained and safe. So far, so good. My best wishes for every single one of you.
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2020, 07:19:44 am »
Got a call yesterday from a friend looking for a referral for a probate lawyer. His wife's step-father died from coronavirus on Saturday after supposedly only being symptomatic for a few days. His wife's mother is in the hospital with it and seems unlikely to pull through so she might lose both of them in a matter of a week. To add to it the wife took her step-father to a cancer treatment appointment last Wednesday so she has been exposed and may be infected which means both of them might be infected.

It's hard enough to lose somebody suddenly but then to have the added weight of losing two in such a short time with the added dread that you might soon suffer the same fate or be responsible for your spouse's demise--I can't even imagine what that must feel like.

They are probably too focused on the events immediately around them but I would imaging on some level there is an added sense of guilt that somebody who knowingly has been exposed could infect and kill an unknown number of people through just being in the same room with other people--and maybe some sense of survivor's guilt if you survived knowing some people who infected you or were infected by you maybe didn't. The individual and social pressure of that guilt may have a long term effect on our society.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2020, 10:10:56 am »

Paul

Hey Brother! Thanks for thinking of me. Tammy has chemo all this. Her white count count has dropped more. 1.9 now. Her oncologist has told to not leave the house for any reason (other than chemo, of course) and no one is to come in. We have been practicing this already. She said if Tammy were to contract this, she will for certain die. I was furloughed yesterday. Employer said it will work out best for me that way and he assured I will not lose my insurance. He's a good guy. Trying to keep ourselves entertained and safe. So far, so good. My best wishes for every single one of you.

Glad you're still hanging in there.  You folks are still on my worry beads.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?