Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: CraigTube taken down  (Read 1287 times)

Offline joe_meadmaker

• Brewer
CraigTube taken down
« on: July 04, 2020, 10:57:41 pm »
I just saw this.  Whether you liked Craig's videos or not, you have to give him credit for bringing homebrew information to lots of people.  I liked his videos.  He always seemed to get so much enjoyment from beer and brewing.  Sorry to see that all gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zzXWeevHE0

Online MDixon

• Brewmaster General
Re: CraigTube taken down
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 06:50:09 am »
Never watched him, but YouTube seems to get heavy handed at times and take channels down. Often it takes months for the channel to come back. What's interesting is the channels typically come back if the person contacts YouTube.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 05:59:34 am »
Never watched him, but YouTube seems to get heavy handed at times and take channels down. Often it takes months for the channel to come back. What's interesting is the channels typically come back if the person contacts YouTube.

I would tend to agree.  It may very well be a “bot” that thought this channel was doing something “against their policy” and a simple email may correct the issue.  I have seen some pretty controversial posts on that site that in no way should be allowed, but they survive.  Go figure...
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Online Kevin

• Brewmaster
  • Great beer. Less work. More fun.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 06:40:29 am »
Craig mentioned that he suspected copyright as being the issue. He either played or was performing music on his channel that got him flagged. My WAG is that he got several notices over time and didn't respond or take steps to correct the problem thus racking up enough strikes to warrant removal of his channel.
“He was a wise man who invented beer.”
- Plato

Offline MattyAHA

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 01:02:25 pm »
craig tube is back up, i'm sending him a 12 pack of sierra nevada torpedo and a mash and boil
Matty

"This sweet nectar was my life blood"-  Phil "Landfill" krundle

Offline joe_meadmaker

• Brewer
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 04:59:46 pm »
Good karma to you MattyAHA!  Yep, he's back up, but it's another channel he had that he renamed to "Craig Tube".  His old channel and all his old content is gone.  In his video he said he contacted YouTube to appeal the removal, but it was denied.  I'm glad to see that he's going to push on and start over.

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 10:01:57 pm »
Craig mentioned that he suspected copyright as being the issue. He either played or was performing music on his channel that got him flagged. My WAG is that he got several notices over time and didn't respond or take steps to correct the problem thus racking up enough strikes to warrant removal of his channel.

By no means an expert on the subject but I would agree that is most likely the reason. I believe most of the larger record labels and/or distributors are using bots to crawl youtube looking for copyrighted material and report it. Once you acquire enough strikes they will remove your content.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline joe_meadmaker

• Brewer
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2020, 11:40:09 am »
The old CraigTube is back up.  I guess whatever was going on has been figured out.

Offline MattyAHA

• Brewer
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2020, 12:56:58 pm »
The old CraigTube is back up.  I guess whatever was going on has been figured out.
yup :) im so happy for Craig. he got all his content back and all his subs. i remember when i first started brewing back in 07 i was always watching CT video's and i still watch even though i don't use his "easy homebrew" methods but in some way he is a internet friend and his channel is nostalgic to me so i'm very glad he is back
Matty

"This sweet nectar was my life blood"-  Phil "Landfill" krundle

Offline joe_meadmaker

• Brewer
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2020, 05:14:05 pm »
I'm right there with you.  Seeing the old channel back today was like seeing an old friend.