Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Best Bottle Fillers?  (Read 2697 times)

Offline waltsmalt

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Best Bottle Fillers?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2020, 09:17:37 pm »
I have a Beer Gun and like it, but I’m a sucker or gadgets.  I purchased a tap cooler from Great Fermentations.  I used it for the first time tonight and really liked it.  I found it to be more simple.  Between the two, I would definitely go with the Tap Cooler.  However, I’ll report back after we enjoy the the beers I bottled on our fishing trip this week. 

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2020, 06:02:08 am »
I have a Beer Gun and like it, but I’m a sucker or gadgets.  I purchased a tap cooler from Great Fermentations.  I used it for the first time tonight and really liked it.  I found it to be more simple.  Between the two, I would definitely go with the Tap Cooler.  However, I’ll report back after we enjoy the the beers I bottled on our fishing trip this week.
I was looking at the tap cooler. Good to here it is well received.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Kevin

• Brewmaster
  • Great beer. Less work. More fun.
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2020, 06:31:15 am »
I bought a Boel iTap but haven't installed it yet.

https://boel.company/product/itap/
“He was a wise man who invented beer.”
- Plato

Offline MattyAHA

• Brewer
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2020, 06:36:00 am »
wow, that tapcooler bottle filler looks cool, looks like it might be a level above the beergun
Matty

"This sweet nectar was my life blood"-  Phil "Landfill" krundle

Offline Lazy Ant Brewing

• Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2020, 09:32:46 am »
I use a piece of vinyl tubing through a 1 hole stopper.

Do you bottle for competitions with that setup?
It's easier to get information from the forum than to sacrifice virgins to appease the brewing gods when bad beer happens!

Offline allenhuerta

• Brewer
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2020, 09:34:38 am »

I've heard some people bottle like a brewery doing a growler fill for competition.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2020, 09:41:26 am »

Yep...or at least I did when I used to compete. Never got knocked for either carb or oxidation. I also shot somem CO2 into the bottles first hoping it might help.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 10:56:59 am by denny »
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline allenhuerta

• Brewer
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2020, 09:43:29 am »
The things us homebrewers, myself included, get caught up makes me laugh at times. I'm a lot more laid back than I was when I started but still take some things very specifically.

Offline MattyAHA

• Brewer
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2020, 09:50:09 am »
The things us homebrewers, myself included, get caught up makes me laugh at times. I'm a lot more laid back than I was when I started but still take some things very specifically.

so true, i used to jump thru hoops, it took me 13 years to shed alot of bs
Matty

"This sweet nectar was my life blood"-  Phil "Landfill" krundle

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2020, 08:04:08 am »
We are looking seriously at the Blichman Beer Gun. A bit pricey.
i swear to you its a good investment, and i swear i have no connection what so ever to blichmann, i just think its a good product and so far never let me down and "trims the fat" of bottling at least for me, can't speak for everyone
It's super easy to use as well. Wish I had the V2 but couldn't replace a perfectly good tool. I think I bought mine in 2013? Can't remember exactly but zero issues. You won't regret it.

I like mine as well.  I think they corrected the issue with the tiny rubber stopper falling off into the bottle.  At least I hope they did.

I have the older model and really like it (it's at least 10 years old now).  I hve never had the rubber stopper on the bottom of the gun fall off while filling a bottle, but I have had it tear necessitating replacement.  I keep a couple spares in the Beergun box just in casse.
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified

Offline chinaski

• Brewmaster
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2020, 01:13:30 pm »

Yep...or at least I did when I used to compete. Never got knocked for either carb or oxidation. I also shot somem CO2 into the bottles first hoping it might help.
Same here.  I hold CO2 in a spare keg and purge my ice-cold bottles with it via picnic tap.  Works fine and the price is right.

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2020, 07:46:37 pm »
We are looking seriously at the Blichman Beer Gun. A bit pricey.
i swear to you its a good investment, and i swear i have no connection what so ever to blichmann, i just think its a good product and so far never let me down and "trims the fat" of bottling at least for me, can't speak for everyone
It's super easy to use as well. Wish I had the V2 but couldn't replace a perfectly good tool. I think I bought mine in 2013? Can't remember exactly but zero issues. You won't regret it.

It works well but I find it a uncomfortable. The flat, wide trigger is too far to comfortably bottle more than a dozen beers.

The tap cooler looks cool, I'm kind of tempted to pick one up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline coolman26

• Brewmaster
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2020, 04:18:30 pm »
I bought my CPF from MBeer.  I wanted something I could mount and operate with quick capping.  I made a stand with a hinge, purge, swap to fill, cap the previous one.  I love the fact that it is mounted to a stand and can be used with one hand.  You can set the back pressure with the bleed valve, works great.  I don't bottle much, but love how fast it is.  I just did a Triple and mixed the primer in the keg when transferring. Bottled the primed beer and didn't need to purge.  Everyone has a different need, it works great for me.
Jeff B