Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Making Your Home Yeast Lab - Homebrewing DIY Podcast  (Read 806 times)

Offline colterwilson

• Cellarman
Making Your Home Yeast Lab - Homebrewing DIY Podcast
« on: April 02, 2020, 12:37:19 pm »
Anyone looking for a cool project while staying home? I did a podcast with Bryan Heit of Sui Generis Brewing about making your home yeast lab. You would be surprised how most of what you need you already have and can get started yeast wrangling.

https://homebrewingdiy.beer/index.php/2020/04/01/episode-31-building-your-home-yeast-lab-with-bryan-heit-of-sui-generis-brewing/

Offline EnkAMania

• Brewer
Re: Making Your Home Yeast Lab - Homebrewing DIY Podcast
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 02:58:16 pm »
I'm doing my first wranglings.  The first one I collected is looking good, hope to make beer out of it in a couple of weeks
Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 03:10:50 pm »
I'm doing my first wranglings.  The first one I collected is looking good, hope to make beer out of it in a couple of weeks

I did it for maybe 5-6 years before deciding I was just too lazy to keep it up.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Online BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 04:56:39 pm »
When I could run down the road and get the yeast I want, I didn’t hassle with harvesting yeast. ...but now that things have changed, I reserved my unopened packs for the just-in-case and harvested from my last batch and plan to harvest from the batch currently fermenting for later use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 04:34:15 am »
When I could run down the road and get the yeast I want, I didn’t hassle with harvesting yeast. ...but now that things have changed, I reserved my unopened packs for the just-in-case and harvested from my last batch and plan to harvest from the batch currently fermenting for later use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same here.  But my ranching started when our last LHBS closed last Fall.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?