Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Article on Small Breweries and coronavirus (mentions Yellowhammer)  (Read 1118 times)

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Re: Article on Small Breweries and coronavirus (mentions Yellowhammer)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 04:14:09 am »
If this lasts till mid June or worse there probably won't be a lot of independent breweries left standing out there.

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 05:43:10 am »
If this lasts till mid June or worse there probably won't be a lot of independent breweries left standing out there.

As I understand, and I may be wrong, but I believe the 2.2 trillion dollar relief package was intended to help these businesses, and others.  Also, I heard a very high ranking politician state that congress is working on yet another stimulus package still being debated.
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 06:46:21 am »

As I understand, and I may be wrong, but I believe the 2.2 trillion dollar relief package was intended to help these businesses, and others.  Also, I heard a very high ranking politician state that congress is working on yet another stimulus package still being debated.

I hope ... we shall see. But what happens next fall/early winter when the virus starts making its rounds again?

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 07:20:13 am »
Hopefully, some of the $T went to aid development of a vaccine to build up “memory” T-lymphocytes and antibodies in us.

I recall as a kid, lined up with all my classmates walking the shot gauntlet. I still have the circular scar on my shoulder. I was treated similarly in boot camp.

I pray that we’ll all be lined up to to walk the vaccine gauntlet soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 08:16:51 am »
Hopefully, some of the $T went to aid development of a vaccine to build up “memory” T-lymphocytes and antibodies in us.

I recall as a kid, lined up with all my classmates walking the shot gauntlet. I still have the circular scar on my shoulder. I was treated similarly in boot camp.

I remember doing that in elementary school. I will gladly get in line again.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline Robert

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 12:14:02 pm »

I remember doing that in elementary school. I will gladly get in line again.

Ditto.  (Hey, when we were in school getting those shots, they actually had dittos.   Suppose some people here have no idea what they were.)
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 12:48:52 pm »
Supposedly the vaccine will be available for testing by September, which is incredibly fast. However it may be a year away until it is available.

Offline Visor

• Brewmaster
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 05:32:38 pm »
  The hope is that there will be a vaccine ready for testing by September.
  The SBA sent me an email today outlining a number of low interest loans and some outright grants, what my portfolio manager at the CDC told me yesterday is that the SBA is gong to make the payments on existing loans for 6 months, we'll have to wait and see if that's how it really shakes out.
I spent most of my money on beer, tools and guns, the rest I foolishly squandered on stupid stuff!

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 05:40:41 pm »
Supposedly the vaccine will be available for testing by September, which is incredibly fast. However it may be a year away until it is available.

Some vaccines were trials a week or so ago.

They broke all records coming up with possible vaccines.

The issue is that the trials take 12 months if all goes right. A friend with a PhD in microbiology and immunology says it never goes right. Plan on 18 months. I will be in line.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2020, 05:55:14 am »

As I understand they did allocate a tremendous amount of money toward R and D to be sent to research labs all over the world.  However, I believe a year and a half is still an optimistic timeline.
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉