Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Briess Copper Malt...  (Read 863 times)

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
Briess Copper Malt...
« on: April 04, 2020, 02:50:49 pm »
Does anyone have any experience with it?  I was on the Ritebrew site today and needed a couple of things.  My order was small so I continued to shop a bit and I remembered that I needed some crystal malt... of which I usually have 60°L on hand.  I saw this Briess Copper malt and read the description and bought 2 pounds of it thinking it might be nice in small amounts to boost the depth of a lower-ABV beer.  Has anyone here used it, determined a good overall percentage to use and anyplace that it excels or fails in the brewhouse? 

In related news, Label Peelers had 50-lb sacks of Briess Pilsen malt for $29 last year and I couldn't pass it up.  I had not used Briess products for years but decided to use it for lagers 'with less flavor' or in a blend with pale ale malt for various pale lagers.  It worked well so my opinion of Briess is better than it once was.  Cheers.
Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.

Offline coonmanxdog

• Cellarman
Re: Briess Copper Malt...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 10:13:55 am »
Since you mentioned Label Peelers....

I recently told someone that they sell dented cans of malt extract for a buy one, get one deal. But they could not figure out how to get that into the cart and the only option that was there was "add to wishlist". Do you have any knowledge about that. I have never bought anything from their site previously.