Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Low-priority coronavirus issue #156....  (Read 4345 times)

Offline Terry di Paolo

• 1st Kit
Re: Low-priority coronavirus issue #156....
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2020, 10:39:32 am »
I literally just bought professional clippers and had to track them down as Amazon and the rest were all sold out. It's a funny thing for there to be a run on, but there you go. I found a supplier in NJ and made sure they were still shipping. Now, I have to figure out how to use them. I'd like to say I can hold out but it just gets annoying. And it's just hair - it will grow back... right?

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2020, 11:06:24 am »
I literally just bought professional clippers and had to track them down as Amazon and the rest were all sold out. It's a funny thing for there to be a run on, but there you go. I found a supplier in NJ and made sure they were still shipping. Now, I have to figure out how to use them. I'd like to say I can hold out but it just gets annoying. And it's just hair - it will grow back... right?
Right.  I might just have to find some better clippers/trimmers and just give myself the old #1 and buzz it all.  What's left will grow back.  :P
Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2020, 11:32:31 am »
I've been cutting my own hair for a while now. A buzz cut every six months works fine.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline HopDen

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2020, 11:35:06 am »
My wife has cut mine for several years. Only problem is she cuts off all the brown and leaves the gray. Now. if I could just get her to mow the lawns too.

I am a lucky man!! Wife cuts my hair and mows the lawn!! No lie!! I told her, I brew and you cut!! It also helps that she actually likes yard work or I'm pretty sure she would tell me to.... well you get it.

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2020, 01:55:13 pm »
My wife has cut mine for several years. Only problem is she cuts off all the brown and leaves the gray. Now. if I could just get her to mow the lawns too.

I am a lucky man!! Wife cuts my hair and mows the lawn!! No lie!! I told her, I brew and you cut!! It also helps that she actually likes yard work or I'm pretty sure she would tell me to.... well you get it.
LOL.
Ken from Chicago. 

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2020, 05:41:28 pm »
A haircut? Next thing you'll be looking for a real job. Trying to be like your big brother  Bob, are you? While you're at it, clean your act up and don't be  slob.
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2020, 06:19:57 pm »
A haircut? Next thing you'll be looking for a real job. Trying to be like your big brother  Bob, are you? While you're at it, clean your act up and don't be  slob.
What he said. ;D
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline Visor

• Brewmaster
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2020, 11:09:31 am »
I almost cut my hair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best Crosby song ever!
  I always used to get my hair cut every other year, when I owned the store I had to pretend to be more like a respectable citizen so I cut it every spring and continued the practice after escaping my indentured servitude. If it wasn't such an unhandy PITA during the heat of summer I might go back to biannual practice. And some of will never look good, regardless of hair style or length.
I spent most of my money on beer, tools and guns, the rest I foolishly squandered on stupid stuff!

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2020, 12:06:34 pm »
I almost cut my hair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best Crosby song ever!
  I always used to get my hair cut every other year, when I owned the store I had to pretend to be more like a respectable citizen so I cut it every spring and continued the practice after escaping my indentured servitude. If it wasn't such an unhandy PITA during the heat of summer I might go back to biannual practice. And some of will never look good, regardless of hair style or length.

Best Crosby song ever is White Christmas!   ;D
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2020, 01:22:14 pm »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2020, 01:51:33 pm »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Knew you'd like that!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline ynotbrusum

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2020, 02:04:39 pm »
My wife cuts my hair (what little there is anymore) and mows the lawn (she can't wait on me to do it), but yesterday I ran the snowblower out of gas so I could put it back into storage and got out the lawn tractor and … the battery is dead!  If only she was a mechanic, too!  I hope to get it running tonight, as things are greening up here in Northern Illinois.
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2020, 02:21:23 pm »
My wife cuts my hair (what little there is anymore) and mows the lawn (she can't wait on me to do it), but yesterday I ran the snowblower out of gas so I could put it back into storage and got out the lawn tractor and … the battery is dead!  If only she was a mechanic, too!  I hope to get it running tonight, as things are greening up here in Northern Illinois.

I take my battery out each year and store in my basement...still had 66% charge on it.  Mower wouldn't turn over but a little carburetor starter spray and boom (well not BOOM, but started right up). 

Now I gotta clean my Blackstone grill.  Got some water on it over the winter and have some rust.  Scrape and reseason it this weekend just in time for some smash burgers!

Oh yeah...hair is getting out of control too.  Might pick up some clippers and have at it.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2020, 09:09:44 pm »
Hey, where are you located?  I'm in Arlington Heights. 
Ken from Chicago. 

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2020, 11:05:32 am »
Does anyone remember 2+ weeks ago when I mentioned needing a haircut?  Yeah, me neither. 
Ken from Chicago.