Author Topic: So I started a YouTube channel...  (Read 861 times)

Offline Aaron Shockey

• 1st Kit
So I started a YouTube channel...
« on: April 21, 2020, 05:26:45 pm »
I am a homebrewer and treasurer of my homebrew club ZZ Hops in Kansas City.  I decided to practice my BJCP judging score sheets by having my friends/club mates send me beer. It is fun to sample different styles and examine techniques. I feel like the quality and format have gotten better in 5 episodes and I am now on a Wednesday morning release schedule. Feel free to offer feedback about how to make the videos better.

Lake Side Brewing - An Idiot reviews Your Beer

[size=78%]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBo84UMykbtOFdm34oETwNg[/size]

PS I know the neck beard is creepy :)

Offline Kevin

• Brewmaster
  • Great beer. Less work. More fun.
Re: So I started a YouTube channel...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 06:24:23 am »
Nice!
“He was a wise man who invented beer.”
- Plato

Offline Aaron Shockey

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 03:53:41 pm »
Any styles or changes you would recommend?  Still working on getting equipment to improve quality ie. mics, better cameras...

Offline janleana

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 03:35:24 pm »
Hi man! I think you're doing a great job. The title is hilarious, and at the same time, engaging, lol. I used to keep a youtube channel about music, and I'm aware of the challenges you're facing. You could take a look here at top4smm.com. I'm not adept at artificial raising the youtube stats, but in the beginning, it's crucial. I know from my experience that it's challenging to promote your channel only by yourself. Anyway, after watching your videos, it's obvious you know a lot about beer and the brewing process. So, I want to wish you good luck, and I'm waiting here for new videos!   
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 07:07:45 am by janleana »

Offline Kevin

• Brewmaster
  • Great beer. Less work. More fun.
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 04:23:28 pm »
Awesome! I'll sub yours if you sub mine  8)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH1pMDuOf00QDKS5zTwEGA
“He was a wise man who invented beer.”
- Plato

Offline chinaski

• Brewer
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 04:35:00 pm »
Hey- good for you taking the plunge into the Youtube game.  I'll be honest- I haven't watched any of your videos.  Why?  Because I find people talking about beers that they are tasting (but not available to me) pretty tedious.  So here's a suggestion- from time to time include a "calibration beer;" i.e. a commercial beer that a lot of folks can get.  If anything, it will tell your viewers if you are as big of an "idiot" as your title suggests.  If you really want to be brave, have someone serve it to you blind (you don't know what it is) and review it before the "big reveal."

Offline Megary

• Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2022, 05:45:27 pm »
Hey- good for you taking the plunge into the Youtube game.  I'll be honest- I haven't watched any of your videos.  Why?  Because I find people talking about beers that they are tasting (but not available to me) pretty tedious.  So here's a suggestion- from time to time include a "calibration beer;" i.e. a commercial beer that a lot of folks can get.  If anything, it will tell your viewers if you are as big of an "idiot" as your title suggests.  If you really want to be brave, have someone serve it to you blind (you don't know what it is) and review it before the "big reveal."
That I would pay to watch.  Brilliant suggestion.

Offline chinaski

• Brewer
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2022, 02:44:19 pm »
Thanks- if you do any beer judging with another person, it is always fascinating to compare perceptions and the word choices to describe those.  It taught me just how variable perception is but yet how judging can arrive at a consensus (or close to it) at what the best beers are in relation to the styles.

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2022, 05:48:33 pm »
I always enjoyed Kieth beer reviews even thou I could not get the beers.
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com