Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Where do you get your stuff  (Read 3330 times)

Offline ccbader@gmail.com

• 1st Kit
Re: Where do you get your stuff
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2020, 05:38:27 pm »
Listermann Brewing Company!  Great selection and friendly, helpful staff.  They are taking on line orders with a pick up window so I can get my supplies to continue brewing!

Offline ram5ey

• Cellarman
    • Isaac Ramsey Design
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2020, 02:07:13 pm »
My LHBS closed so I ordered some yeast and hops from MoreBeer yesterday.  They gave me a 2-week delivery time instead of the normal 2-3 days.
I had the same issue. Canceled and switched to Atlantic Homebrewer Supply (never used them before but they had a discount code through Denny and Drew’s podcast). They got it out quick and I was really impressed with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Macon, GA

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2020, 02:58:41 pm »
My LHBS closed so I ordered some yeast and hops from MoreBeer yesterday.  They gave me a 2-week delivery time instead of the normal 2-3 days.
I had the same issue. Canceled and switched to Atlantic Homebrewer Supply (never used them before but they had a discount code through Denny and Drew’s podcast). They got it out quick and I was really impressed with them.

Atlantic is really good people
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2020, 03:01:08 pm »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2020, 06:19:56 pm »

I placed an order with them late Friday (too late to do anything with). I received an email Monday about an out of stock item which I agreed to sub something else for. I then got an email later saying it was pulled and a ups ticket was issued. Good service getting it pulled that quick, unfortunately ups didn't pick it up until this morning.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2020, 07:06:25 pm »
There is a big surge in the hobby as people have time on their hands, no local place to get the beer that they want, and so on.

I get most of my stuff from AiH. Their retail is closed, online has ramped way up, no retail workers were laid off, they were reassigned to online sales. My last two online orders took longer than usual. It is no big deal.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline erich

• 1st Kit
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2020, 05:04:57 am »
I get most of my stuff from Morebeer.com and Northerbrewer.com because I figure they have the best turn around in their stock. My local store I get my stuff to make starters like DME.

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2020, 07:55:53 am »
Depending on where you live, another good place is the Grape and Granary in Akron, Ohio.   They have online ordering and shipping available.  Although their showroom is closed during the pandemic, you can pick up at the store as well if you live close enough to do so.  John and his staff are great people and I buy almost all of my stuff from them.
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified