Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Mash PH  (Read 8440 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Mash PH
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2020, 09:47:33 am »
Exactly my point!

They could also be invisible.  Which brings me to:  "If you've seen one invisible elephant, you've seen them all."

But joking aside, the point Denny is making is that correlation does not imply causation.

Hey, I like that corollary!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Die Beerery

• Cellarman
  • Stuff and Things
    • Low Oxygen Brewing
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2020, 10:12:32 am »
One case where I can state that correlation indeed does imply causation is for the case wherein since I started wearing my garlic necklace I have never been attacked by werewolves or vampires.   Er, wait a minute...  Perhaps I need to rethink that....  ;D  :P :o

I dance naked in my yard in a counter clockwise direction to keep elephants away.  Haven't seen one yet, so it must be working.
Hmm I don’t do any of that, and have no elephants. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly my point!
Well then, thank you for your service!
The Beerery-Simply, Made, Perfect. Professional Brewing Consultant.
Head Brewer at The Beerery And Other Undisclosed Locations.
Some of my Mindless Brewing Ramblings
Youtube Channel

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2020, 10:24:39 am »
One case where I can state that correlation indeed does imply causation is for the case wherein since I started wearing my garlic necklace I have never been attacked by werewolves or vampires.   Er, wait a minute...  Perhaps I need to rethink that....  ;D  :P :o

I dance naked in my yard in a counter clockwise direction to keep elephants away.  Haven't seen one yet, so it must be working.
Hmm I don’t do any of that, and have no elephants. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly my point!
Well then, thank you for your service!

Glad to help...happy you don't have to see it!   ;D
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell