Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Sorry Guest, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is set to expire October 13, 2024, 08:19:18 am.

Author Topic: cannular canning seamer  (Read 3337 times)

Offline MattyAHA

• Brewer
cannular canning seamer
« on: March 23, 2019, 09:14:50 pm »
im sure you all have seen this but it seems pretty affordable for a canning seamer, anyone canning their beers? im thinking about picking one of these up in the future $399 not bad

https://www.kegland.com.au/cannular-compact-canning-machine-bench-top-can-seamer.html
Matty

"This sweet nectar was my life blood"-  Phil "Landfill" krundle

Online ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: cannular canning seamer
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 05:46:30 am »
If you intend to package a large portion of your beer in single serve amounts, this would be worth considering.  It certainly is less expensive than many alternatives that I have seen and would serve well for situations of short term transport...cheers!
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline MattyAHA

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 10:09:33 am »
right, i think its perfect if you wanna pull a few beers from the keg to bring to a party or camping trip or what have you, no bottles breaking and just a cool factor
Matty

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 06:46:59 am »
right, i think its perfect if you wanna pull a few beers from the keg to bring to a party or camping trip or what have you, no bottles breaking and just a cool factor

Shoot Drew an email and ask him which one he's got.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline smkranz

• Brewer
  • Maryland
    • Midnight Homebrewers' League
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 11:53:03 am »
im sure you all have seen this but it seems pretty affordable for a canning seamer, anyone canning their beers? im thinking about picking one of these up in the future $399 not bad

https://www.kegland.com.au/cannular-compact-canning-machine-bench-top-can-seamer.html

Plus a power supply.  Plus a round-trip ticket to Australia, as they apparently do not ship internationally.
Steve K.
BJCP Beer & Mead Certified
Midnight Homebrewers' League
http://www.midnighthomebrewers.org

Offline MattyAHA

• Brewer
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 12:20:30 pm »

Plus a power supply.  Plus a round-trip ticket to Australia, as they apparently do not ship internationally.
ohhhhh!! bummer, i did not know that, oh well
Matty

Online ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 09:30:59 am »

I have ordered items from them without any issues.  The electrical plug may be an issue here?
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline BurningFallsBrewery

• 1st Kit
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 07:54:29 am »

ohhhhh!! bummer, i did not know that, oh well

We just received ours stateside. It comes w/ a 110 plug. Seems like the first batch sold out fast, but you can keep an eye on williamsbrewing.com and morebeer.com for when they come back in stock.

Offline bob.wilson77

• 1st Kit
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 10:07:27 am »
Save your money and get an Oktober SL1. I have the cannular. It doesnt come ready to roll calibrated out of the box (oktober does). Only takes kegland 500ml can (16.9 oz) unless you jerry rig a spacer. You waste about 20 cans getting it dialed in and then the next time you use it it feels like you have to start from scratch again. My buddy got the Oktober and was perfectly seeming cans right out of the box with no waste and it does 16oz and 12 oz cans with no rigging.

Big Monk

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2020, 08:48:58 pm »
Save your money and get an Oktober SL1. I have the cannular. It doesnt come ready to roll calibrated out of the box (oktober does). Only takes kegland 500ml can (16.9 oz) unless you jerry rig a spacer. You waste about 20 cans getting it dialed in and then the next time you use it it feels like you have to start from scratch again. My buddy got the Oktober and was perfectly seeming cans right out of the box with no waste and it does 16oz and 12 oz cans with no rigging.

Our good pal Die Beerery has a modified Oktober. I’m sure he’ll chime in and give his opinion as well.