Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Tavour  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Megary

• Senior Brewmaster
Tavour
« on: May 19, 2020, 09:26:30 am »
Anyone use this beer delivery ap? 

From what I understand, the concept is great, its understandably overpriced, and it appears to be run by the Marx Brothers.

Any real world experience?

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
Re: Tavour
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 10:10:27 am »

From what I understand, the concept is great, its understandably overpriced, and it appears to be run by the Marx Brothers.

It looks very interesting.  I was a member of a “Beer of the Month” club back in the mid 90’s where I would get a pre-selected assorted 12-pack of craft beer each month shipped to my door.  I’m not sure if that service is still out there or if it was replaced with this app.
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline Megary

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 11:17:09 am »

It looks very interesting.  I was a member of a “Beer of the Month” club back in the mid 90’s where I would get a pre-selected assorted 12-pack of craft beer each month shipped to my door.  I’m not sure if that service is still out there or if it was replaced with this app.

I like the idea that Tavour lets you order what you want, when you want.  And to be able to get craft beers that you couldn't otherwise buy locally is a service (to me) worth paying for.  But the delivery service and customer service seem to be a bit questionable.

I was in the Great American Beer Club back in the mid 90's.  It was always like Christmas when that box of mystery beers would appear at the front door.  I really wish I saved some of those bottles to see if any of the breweries are still around.  At least I kept my "thanks for joining" GABC pint glass.  It still looks good too.  :)

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 05:44:11 am »
I am sure that state laws differ but I checked out the website of Yankee Spirits, a huge liquor store in Massachusetts with awesome craft beer and other alcohol selection to see if they had curbside pickup and much to my surprise and delight found out they have free delivery, even in my rural town, for orders of $350 or more. We easily met that criteria 😎.
We stocked up on handles of good quality base spirits, some favorite liqueurs like Campari and chartreuse, got a case of mix and match wine at 10% off, some of which were already on sale, and a variety of craft beer.
We probably will do this two or three times a year going forward, pandemic or not. We got good prices and all the selection you could imagine and free delivery to our door by a guy in a mask. Definitely the way to go if your state allows for it.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 06:23:56 am »
I am sure that state laws differ but I checked out the website of Yankee Spirits, a huge liquor store in Massachusetts with awesome craft beer and other alcohol selection to see if they had curbside pickup and much to my surprise and delight found out they have free delivery, even in my rural town, for orders of $350 or more. We easily met that criteria 😎.
We stocked up on handles of good quality base spirits, some favorite liqueurs like Campari and chartreuse, got a case of mix and match wine at 10% off, some of which were already on sale, and a variety of craft beer.
We probably will do this two or three times a year going forward, pandemic or not. We got good prices and all the selection you could imagine and free delivery to our door by a guy in a mask. Definitely the way to go if your state allows for it.

They say alcohol kills the virus on contact. I’m wondering if that includes internal contact. Hmmmm...  ;)
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 10:45:08 am »

The site says they are unable to ship out of state.   :(

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 11:12:13 am »

Paul
Yea, I was just suggesting that people check within their own states.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 12:20:43 pm »

Paul
Yea, I was just suggesting that people check within their own states.

Ahh, I didn't read it that way.   Iowa authorized alcohol carry out and delivery with food orders during the lockdown.  Not sure how long that will last.  I haven't looked into off-sale delivery though.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 09:50:01 pm »
I have friends who use Tavour and it's a good but pricey way to get a lot of beers to your house that you otherwise wouldn't be able to get. They have a lot of great beers available. The emails are over the top but look around at other info about the beers you are interested in to see if they match the hype.

I've heard some not so great things about their business but don't know how accurate they are.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing