General Category > Commercial Beer Reviews

Oskar Blues ...

<< < (2/7) > >>

tschmidlin:
I haven't had the Gubna, but it sounds like I don't need to get more than one :)

The Professor:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on August 29, 2010, 12:55:17 PM ---I haven't had the Gubna, but it sounds like I don't need to get more than one :)

--- End quote ---

At least try it before you dismiss it... I think the stuff is awsome...very complex, lots of different flavors going on.  Admittedly it's not for un-adventurous taste buds, but I found it to be great and on par with all of their products.  And they get extra points for packaging it in cans.

As a very wise man once said, "You'll never know until you check it out."

tschmidlin:

--- Quote from: The Professor on August 29, 2010, 04:17:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: tschmidlin on August 29, 2010, 12:55:17 PM ---I haven't had the Gubna, but it sounds like I don't need to get more than one :)

--- End quote ---

At least try it before you dismiss it... I think the stuff is awsome...very complex, lots of different flavors going on.  Admittedly it's not for un-adventurous taste buds, but I found it to be great and on par with all of their products.  And they get extra points for packaging it in cans.

--- End quote ---
That's why I'll get one - to try it.  If I like it, I can get more.

majorvices:

--- Quote from: The Professor on August 29, 2010, 04:17:44 PM ---

--- End quote ---

At least try it before you dismiss it... I think the stuff is awsome...very complex, lots of different flavors going on.  Admittedly it's not for un-adventurous taste buds, but I found it to be great and on par with all of their products.  And they get extra points for packaging it in cans.

--- End quote ---

For the record I have adventurous taste buds. But this beer tastes like sweaty arm pits. That's an adventure I'm just not down for, sorry.

mikeypedersen:

--- Quote from: majorvices on August 29, 2010, 05:54:49 AM ---I like many of the Oskar Blues beers. I did not like the Gubna. That one fails as a IIPA. And it had a strong vegal character I could not enjoy. Had a hard time getting through that 6 pack.

--- End quote ---
It would be hard to get through a 6-Pack since it comes in 4 packs!    ;D

I love this beer and have never gotten sweatty armpits out of it. Of course I'm normally drinking it fresh at the brewery. My favorite beer of theirs is definitely the TenFidy. I also reaaly like the Gordon.

Of course the other cool part about Oskar's is that they give homebrewers 25% off on beer and food. Even kegs!  They just opened up a new resteraunt that has 43 taps of all craft beer along with a Cajun inspired menu. Even all of the guest beers including Lost Abbey, Aka, Russian River, etc. are all 25% off for AHA members. You've got to appreciate that!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version