Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Picobrew Future?  (Read 3145 times)

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Picobrew Future?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2020, 01:34:20 pm »
RIP

https://thespoon.tech/rest-in-peace-picobrew/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline ravenwater

• Brewer
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2020, 02:13:55 pm »
Just bumped into this thread - funny timing. I had emailed Annie Johnson at PicoBrew yesterday with a question regarding her 2017 Homebrew Con "Czech Plz" presentation. I'd just viewed her presentation after seeing a post where Denny Conn had mentioned it. Would anyone have a suggestion for how one might now get in touch with her? - Would still like her personal input on my question if possible. Thanks.
Shawn Crawford  -  Rio Rancho, NM.  
 BJCP, Worthogs Homebrew Club of New Mexico

Life is good. Beer makes it gooder.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2020, 03:08:29 pm »
Just bumped into this thread - funny timing. I had emailed Annie Johnson at PicoBrew yesterday with a question regarding her 2017 Homebrew Con "Czech Plz" presentation. I'd just viewed her presentation after seeing a post where Denny Conn had mentioned it. Would anyone have a suggestion for how one might now get in touch with her? - Would still like her personal input on my question if possible. Thanks.

She's on FB.  If you PM me, I'll ask her if she's OK with giving you her email.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2020, 04:17:04 pm »
RIP

https://thespoon.tech/rest-in-peace-picobrew/

There’s a Facebook group now dedicated to hacking these devices. They still work for now but people expect the website to go offline soon.  No idea when. The new owners have not announced anything. Not sure why they have left the website up this long.

Offline BrewBama

Picobrew Future?
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2020, 07:37:17 pm »
I understand (from HBT) it’s paid for thru Sep. Maybe they’ll leave it up until then. After that all bets are off.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 07:47:11 pm by BrewBama »

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2020, 12:12:54 pm »
This was just posted on FB...

Assume everyone got the email I did, but if not:

To our valued brewing community and customers,

We recognize we have left you with a lot of questions and uncertainty about our future over the past weeks.  We’d like to start by giving like you an update of what we know today in our evolving journey and sincerely thank you for your patience.

PicoBrew’s mission over the past 10 years has been to revolutionize the homebrewing and beverage space. We wouldn’t be anything without customers and loyal fans like yourself.  Our main focus has always been about allowing our users to create high quality, customized beverages with precision, ease and repeatability.

Over the past two years, our primary source of funding for operations came from a private lending group who shared in our passion and believed in keeping the lights on for our customers.  Unfortunately, PicoBrew was unable to overcome its past debts and our current structure made additional investment unsustainable for the long term without significant changes.

On February 7th, 2020 PicoBrew entered into a Washington State Receivership which officially concluded on May 8th, 2020.  Up until this point we were unable to comment publicly.  The goal of this process was to find PicoBrew a new home within a company that would continue caring for our customers and build upon our mission.  With the ongoing pandemic adding layers of complexity, our plans have and will continue to evolve.

With receivership in our rear-view mirror, we would like to announce that PicoBrew is now owned by the same lending group who has been responsible for supporting us and you over these past two years.  While there is still much work to be done, efforts to find the right home are still underway.  Conversations are ongoing with those interested in all or parts of the company, but nothing has been concluded.

What does this mean for you?

While we don’t have all the answers quite yet, on a day-to-day basis you can expect our servers to remain online for the foreseeable future. This means you can continue using your devices and our services as normal.  We are unable to guarantee this indefinitely, but contingencies are being evaluated.  All options of how to resume online orders are being explored with an emphasis on providing an expanded collection of self-service parts, but so far, we do not have a solution.  We hope to share additional details over the coming days in the form of an FAQ.

What does this mean for us? 

Our story isn’t over.  A core team remains at PicoBrew working on our options.  Inevitably, we will continue to adapt in an effort to find a final home.  What that looks like today, we honestly can’t answer.  Everyone here, including our new owner group still believes in our customers and our products.  We believe in seeing our mission continue and that a viable business still remains with the right partnership.

We’ll be in touch soon with additional updates.

- The PicoBrew Team

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2020, 12:53:24 pm »
While there is still much work to be done, efforts to find the right home are still underway.  Conversations are ongoing with those interested in all or parts of the company, but nothing has been concluded.

Interesting, it'd be interesting to see how this spins off. I could see a portion sell off focused on the commercial side. I think Illinois has some fairly cheap brewery licenses if you plain on keeping everything on site. I could see some craft beer focused bars implement something like the Z, but chaining together a bunch of Z's seems a bit haphazard compared to something designed for a larger size out of the gate.

I could almost see Northern Brewer or Morebeer grabbing the consumer side with pico paks, etc.

Nice to see them keep the servers going for now, seems like a pretty cheap way to keep customer goodwill.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2020, 01:47:22 pm »
While there is still much work to be done, efforts to find the right home are still underway.  Conversations are ongoing with those interested in all or parts of the company, but nothing has been concluded.

Interesting, it'd be interesting to see how this spins off. I could see a portion sell off focused on the commercial side. I think Illinois has some fairly cheap brewery licenses if you plain on keeping everything on site. I could see some craft beer focused bars implement something like the Z, but chaining together a bunch of Z's seems a bit haphazard compared to something designed for a larger size out of the gate.

I could almost see Northern Brewer or Morebeer grabbing the consumer side with pico paks, etc.

Nice to see them keep the servers going for now, seems like a pretty cheap way to keep customer goodwill.

Several restaurants are using the Z4 to make their own beer.  They don't need commercial brewery capacity

www.dennybrew.com

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2020, 04:31:45 pm »
I hope a homebrew supplier or another company already focused on homebrewers buys them.

I really like my Z. I want it to keep working.