Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Inlet tube and outlet tube?  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Joe Sr.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Chicago - NORTH SIDE
Re: Inlet tube and outlet tube?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2020, 10:19:40 am »
I've done that, but over time the vinyl tubing looked gross so I just bought a new (used) liquid dip tube.

The ones where I took out the gas tube had weird brown plastic gas dip tubes that creeped me out.  They're somewhere in my post history but I'm lazy and technically working right now.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2020, 10:33:08 am »
I've done that, but over time the vinyl tubing looked gross so I just bought a new (used) liquid dip tube.

The ones where I took out the gas tube had weird brown plastic gas dip tubes that creeped me out.  They're somewhere in my post history but I'm lazy and technically working right now.

The plastic gas in tubes are real easy to cut.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline Joe Sr.

• Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2020, 10:41:03 am »

The plastic gas in tubes are real easy to cut.

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=18270.msg231933#msg231933

Here's a link to one of the older threads about the plastic gas-in tube.  I ditched them because they creeped me out.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2020, 12:40:09 pm »

I'd just put it on when I needed it occasionally.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Joe Sr.

• Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2020, 01:04:42 pm »

I'd just put it on when I needed it occasionally.

And I left it for years until it grossed me out.  Two different approaches!