Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Low-priority coronavirus issue #156....  (Read 4347 times)

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Low-priority coronavirus issue #156....
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2020, 07:31:38 am »
Today is supposedly haircut day. Called two weeks ago, but didn't get a confirmation so we'll see if the golden locks (more like grey) get chopped or not. I would have thought four months of growth would have been longer, but I do keep my hair cut fairly short.

It will be nice to be back to a shorter hair length and to look a little more civilized.

Who you calling uncivilized?   ;D
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Northern_Brewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • British - apparently some US company stole my name
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2020, 01:44:38 pm »
Whilst we're on the subject - two stylists with Covid-19 came into contact with 6 colleagues and 140 customers and none of them got the virus. That was with masking, social distancing etc :

https://www.springfieldmo.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=6939

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2020, 04:22:40 pm »
So I walked through the door and my wife exclaimed, "Oh my god look at how different you look!" I was shaggy for sure prior to be sheared.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2020, 08:00:06 pm »
Whilst we're on the subject - two stylists with Covid-19 came into contact with 6 colleagues and 140 customers and none of them got the virus. That was with masking, social distancing etc :

Glad to hear they were wearing masks and that they worked. I don't know if I'd say no one was infected when only 46 were tested.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Visor

• Brewmaster
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2020, 09:05:10 am »

Glad to hear they were wearing masks and that they worked. I don't know if I'd say no one was infected when only 46 were tested.

I would say that it is another data point, but that it "proves" nothing. Without a control group you have no test, and thus no way of knowing if anyone would have contracted the virus had masks not been worn.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 09:08:04 am by Visor »
I spent most of my money on beer, tools and guns, the rest I foolishly squandered on stupid stuff!

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2020, 04:55:33 pm »

I would say that it is another data point, but that it "proves" nothing. Without a control group you have no test, and thus no way of knowing if anyone would have contracted the virus had masks not been worn.
Agreed.  I sort of wondered if this was a group that was cheerleading for the fact that all this contact occurred and "NOT ONE PERSON GOT SICK!".  I don't mean to offend anyone on either side but there definitely seems to be people who don't believe in the virus along with people who are in their basement in the fetal position with a tinfoil hat on.  There is an aware, informed and up-to-date middle ground somewhere in there.

I may have mentioned this but two of my kids live in Austin and Texas seems to be "less-effected" and pretty much open for business.  My son down there graduated from UT and there was no graduation ceremony and we were going to head down there but ended up not going because the thought of flying and also being with them after they had SO much contact with others made us a little twitchy.  We're going down there the weekend of July 4 now and we *are* flying.  That will be strange but we'll wear our masks.  We will all get to a good spot at some point and at our own speed.   
Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2020, 05:03:09 pm »
On a related note, time for haircut#2 for me. Last one I did the top (with scissors!) and the wife did the taper fade on the sides and back. Might not go back to the barber after all this.