Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: ayinger bavarian pils  (Read 1069 times)

Offline MattyAHA

• Brewer
ayinger bavarian pils
« on: June 13, 2020, 12:09:03 pm »
i cannot say i can get a real fresh example but i have had relatively fresh examples of this before(i think), and i think its outstanding, in my opinion has to be one of the truest, on the money, german pilsners i ever tried(according to what i think a g pils is). my brother thinks its ok was not crazy about it and none of my friends thought it was special but i remember thinking when i had this beer " this is what a german pilsner is supposed to be"
Matty

"This sweet nectar was my life blood"-  Phil "Landfill" krundle

Offline dls5492

• Brewer
Re: ayinger bavarian pils
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 05:03:02 am »
German Pils is a very under rated beer style. A good pils is a very satisfying beer, as you just experienced.
David S.
Cedar Falls, IA
Club: Cedar River Association of Zymurgy Enthusiasts (CRAZE)

And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 05:52:37 am »
The red e are many good German  Pilsners. One of my favorites is Keesmann Herren Pils in Bamberg, not imported unfortunately.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 06:14:35 am »
German Pils is a very under rated beer style. A good pils is a very satisfying beer, as you just experienced.

I agree.  Very underrated.  I think because it was the only beer available for so many years.  And because it was not made very well, the general population simply frowned on it.  But I have taken to really enjoy a good Pilsner.  I have also made a few that have turned out really well. 
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline MattyAHA

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 10:17:56 am »
i personally do not think there is a better beer then a well made pilsner, to me a well made pils is a perfect beer in every aspect
Matty

"This sweet nectar was my life blood"-  Phil "Landfill" krundle