Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: "House" yeast strains  (Read 5210 times)

Offline BaseWerks Brewing

• Cellarman
  • Follow me on Instagram -- @BaseWerksBrewing
Re: "House" yeast strains
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2020, 02:32:02 pm »
That Rye IPA sounds good.  I am probably going to have to put that on the list.  I've only brewed with Rye once.
Andy K
Follow me on Instagram -- @BaseWerksBrewing

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2020, 02:34:37 pm »
That Rye IPA sounds good.  I am probably going to have to put that on the list.  I've only brewed with Rye once.

It is the only IPA that I make and it is wonderful.  DC got that one very right IMO.
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2020, 02:35:45 pm »
the dc rye looks like the one, appreciate it

Developed that for my wife's yearly birthday party nearly 20 years ago.  I brewed 10-12 test batches til she told me it was right.  Brewed it exactly the same every time since.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2020, 02:36:41 pm »

It is the only IPA that I make and it is wonderful.  DC got that one very right IMO.

The kudos belong to my wife who has excellent taste buds and a love of IPA!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline coolman26

• Brewmaster
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2020, 09:47:43 am »
I tend to keep a few going, even when I'm not brewing.  007, 565, 1450, 3864.  I haven't used any Chico yeast in years, I may have to revisit it.  I had a 21 cu ft ferment freezer that died.  Man you can't find a used freezer right now for anything. 
Jeff B