Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Keg liners to serve Real Ale  (Read 1499 times)

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Keg liners to serve Real Ale
« on: March 15, 2021, 04:57:39 pm »
Has anyone who is more ‘in the know’ heard any more about this?

I understand Kegland is planning on releasing bladders with special corny keg lids for serving. The idea is that you fill the sterile bladder, screw to the undersideof the special corny keg lid and then use an air compressor or CO2 to serve, as the air/CO2 does not touch the drink you do not have to worry about oxidation or carbonation.

I was considering getting a beer engine and doing bag in box but if I can adapt my current keg system I think it could be more cost effective to achieve the same result.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
Re: Keg liners to serve Real Ale
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 05:46:56 am »
My son recently received a gift from his employer.  The gift was a Stella Artois beer dispenser.  Well, this dispenser took small pony sized kegs.  However, the dispenser did not have a CO2 tank.  Instead it had an air compressor. Not knowing exactly how this elaborate setup worked, I could only assume the kegs had some sort of bladder that filled and forced the beer from the keg.

So, yeah, the idea is already in use.  I think the upside is convenance.  The user doesn’t have to worry about CO2.  Just plug in the machine and pour a Stella!
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 08:06:21 am »
Key Keg uses the idea for commercial brewers to fill ‘blagger kegs’ with product, from what I understand KegLand is developing the technology for homebrewers to use existing corny kegs.

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 10:25:52 am »
So do you carb with priming sugar in the bag and push out with gas?
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline BrewBama

Keg liners to serve Real Ale
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2021, 10:36:07 am »
I believe that’s the idea... or rack the beer a few points shy of completion like the LODO guys practice.

Update:  I shot a note to KegLand on the Aussie HomeBrew forum. Here’s their reply: “We ... have the 19L bladders in the pipeline at the moment. If the 19L bladders are successful we will then look to make other sizes down the track.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 07:32:15 am by BrewBama »