Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Drainage rack for bottom of keezer  (Read 993 times)

Offline ajjensen147

• Cellarman
Drainage rack for bottom of keezer
« on: June 20, 2020, 05:14:41 pm »
Doing a bit of work to my keezer and have realized I'm getting quite a bit of water build up in the bottom (I'm installing a fan and dehumidifier to hopefully deal with that issue), but this got me to thinking about putting some kind of rack in the bottom of the keezer similar to what you would see in a commercial fridge/freezer to keep boxes off the floor. Hoping that will keep my kegs out of any moisture or spillage that may happen. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas/products they've tried for something like this.

I'm imagining something a bit more custom may be needed to fit the actual footprint of my specific freezer.

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Drainage rack for bottom of keezer
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 05:15:01 am »
I was given a few stainless pieces that had been fabricated into a 1 inch “shelf” (think plate steel that has 1/4 inch holes punched into it and 90 degree bends on all sides to raise it up about an inch).  That works great. I also have used the wire shelf of a refrigerator and put it on the bottom of my chest freezer to hold kegs up off the floor of the chest freezer and allow air circulation.

Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 03:19:08 pm »
I have these in my keezer. Come in different colors, snap together and can be cut to fit
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GWCA7LM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_H587Eb7WKJBAG

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline ajjensen147

• Cellarman
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 11:11:05 am »
I have these in my keezer. Come in different colors, snap together and can be cut to fit
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GWCA7LM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_H587Eb7WKJBAG

Funny enough, my dad told me to look at these when I was over last night and mentioned the problem to his.  May have to take a look at these.  Thanks!

And thank you everyone else for the replies!

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 01:32:24 pm »
They are also great to have laying around on flat surfaces throughout the brewery area(my basement) for drying brewery items and keep them out of the run off water

Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)