Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Covid Check In  (Read 3114 times)

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Covid Check In
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2020, 10:21:14 am »
Hey guys, heard over on LOB you were asking.  Thanks for showing the concern.  I haven't got COVID yet, and until I go down, I'm brewing more enthustically and successfully than ever.  Hope everyone here is staying safe and healthy, too.

Great to see you back here, Rob!
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2020, 09:24:29 am »
And forums in general are so much less active these days than say 5-10 years ago.

It really does seem that way.  I wonder why.
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2020, 10:12:59 am »
And forums in general are so much less active these days than say 5-10 years ago.

There are now social media pages for just about every facet of Homebrewing. Those get attention.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2020, 11:39:02 am »

There are now social media pages for just about every facet of Homebrewing. Those get attention.
Those (FB, etc) seem so unorganized. The forum model is way more functional IMHO.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2020, 11:48:16 am »

Those (FB, etc) seem so unorganized. The forum model is way more functional IMHO.

I agree, but those others get a lot of traffic.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2020, 11:49:02 am »
Yeah Hoosier has been gone for a long time now. I was disappointed when he left. He was always very helpful to me. Robert is the only one I can recall seeing withing the past few months.

Hey Guys,

Been awhile. Still alive and brewing.  As mentioned by Bama, I've been spending forum time on lowoxygenbrewing.com .
 After things got pretty divided over the topic (and since I learned that I preferred to brew in this fashion) it seemed a no-brainer to go there.
 Regardless, cheers to all and stay healthy!                            Jon
Nice to hear from you. I always enjoyed your posts and helpful responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan Chisholm

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2020, 12:25:38 pm »

Took the words out of my fingers
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2020, 01:23:25 pm »
I am on here far less than I used to, because work slapped a filter banning visits to all alcohol related sites. :-[

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2020, 01:30:59 pm »
I am on here far less than I used to, because work slapped a filter banning visits to all alcohol related sites. :-[

Time for a new job!  Or retirement!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2020, 09:46:21 pm »

While I agree it's just the new model of social interaction online, much in the same way web-based forums replaced usenet groups and email listservs fifteen to twenty years ago.

Ironically, the more social media develop the more they adopt forum-like discussion models with threaded responses and improved search functionalities.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Online majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2020, 08:58:17 am »
I miss Tom Schmidlin's posts, but he went pro and doesn't check in.  Amanda was fun, too.

Agreed. Schmidlin's Sense of Humor is wicked.

I text him every once in a while. He's still a jackass. ;)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 08:59:59 am by majorvices »

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2020, 06:21:12 am »
Nobody is looking for me, but I'm still in here on occasion. Spend a lot of my online time on killthecan.org, a nicotine cessation website and forum. And new in 2020, I've been on a keto based diet since March.  Down 30# and nearly no beer in that time frame. Still sitting on the bulk of the last 2 batches I brewed in January and February (going keto was unexpected  and only supposed to be for a month at the start) still love checking in here fairly regularly. No coivd in our household but the four of us did get tested when the youngest was exposed at work

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2020, 11:21:26 am »
Nobody is looking for me, but I'm still in here on occasion. Spend a lot of my online time on killthecan.org, a nicotine cessation website and forum. And new in 2020, I've been on a keto based diet since March.  Down 30# and nearly no beer in that time frame. Still sitting on the bulk of the last 2 batches I brewed in January and February (going keto was unexpected  and only supposed to be for a month at the start) still love checking in here fairly regularly. No coivd in our household but the four of us did get tested when the youngest was exposed at work

Glad you are well. Congrats on the diet success. That’s awesome.

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2020, 12:05:35 pm »

Glad you are well. Congrats on the diet success. That’s awesome.
Thanx Tommy. Plan on brewing for family gatherings for the holidays. I have a brand new unused Anvil Foundry that I'm itching to use. Bought it in November, set it aside for a bit then started keto. I'll get to it soon

Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline jeaneallenn

• 1st Kit
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2020, 01:09:37 am »
Oh man, nobody misses me....I'm sad.

Stay healthy all!

Ohhh no...I really miss you  ;)
Helloportable.com