Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Help the AHA Clean-Up our Clubs Directory  (Read 5082 times)

Offline Liette

• 1st Kit
Re: Help the AHA Clean-Up our Clubs Directory
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2019, 12:06:44 pm »
Mohegan Lake, NY, Northern Westchester Homebrewers Association is no longer active.

Offline David Odefey

• 1st Kit
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2019, 05:40:48 pm »
Looks like Corazon Brew in Chicago is inactive--website down and Facebook inactive since 2012. Reached out but haven't gotten a response.

Offline David Odefey

• 1st Kit
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2019, 05:43:44 pm »
Also 3 Branch also in Chicago.  Facebook is down and I haven't heard of them.

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2019, 12:43:48 pm »
Just a note.  As a member of the Clubs Subcommittee of the AHA Governing Committee, I have just finished trying to contact 145 clubs in AL, AR, CT, DE, ID, KS, KY MO, NH, NJ, NY and OK.  I e-mailed all of them I had e-mail addresses for and have also followed up with a phone call to those of which I have phone numbers.  I have had approximately a 30% response and am waiting to see if I hear from more in the next few weeks.  If anyone on this forum lives in those states, please PM me or send me an e-mail (w8av@aol.com) and I will see if we can work together to resolve the status of some of these clubs.  I would appreciate it as will the AHA!
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified

Offline ravenwater

• Brewer
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2020, 04:05:16 pm »
For club listings in the Albuquerque New Mexico area here’s what I’ve been able to determine:
FUBAR (Fun Undertaking Advanced Brewing Recipes) – I spoke with the fellow at the contact number listed and he requested the listing be deleted – not an active group.
Burque Brew Crew – no reply to multiple email attempts, phone number does not connect to a person related to this listing. Having been active in an Albuquerque beer club for 4 years I’ve never run across any reference to this group. I’d say it’s a defunct listing.
Tapheads Homebrew and Tasting Club - phone number is not in service, no reply to email attempts. Also never have encountered mention of them locally. I’d say defunct as well.
Aegir Brew Club – I did get email response, this is not actually an organized club so not a valid listing for people attempting to participate in local brewing activities.
The other two listings are definitely very active clubs, the Dukes of Ale and my own club the Worthogs of New Mexico

-  Shawn Crawford, president Worthogs Homebrew Club of New Mexico
Shawn Crawford  -  Rio Rancho, NM.  
 BJCP, Worthogs Homebrew Club of New Mexico

Life is good. Beer makes it gooder.

Offline mabrungard

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Water matters!
    • Bru'n Water
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2020, 06:08:05 pm »
Thanks for the update, Shawn.  We're at a bit of an impasse at the moment since AHA's club manager is a casualty of the recent plummeting economy. The Clubs subcommittee has recently plowed through the AHA club listings to try to trim out the deadwood. Hopefully those clubs had already been trimmed.
Martin B
Carmel, IN

BJCP National
Foam Blowers of Indiana (FBI)

Brewing Water Information at:
https://www.brunwater.com/

Like Bru'n Water on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Brun-Water-464551136933908/?ref=bookmarks

Offline ravenwater

• Brewer
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2020, 06:42:36 pm »
Martin - good to know that status of things, but doesn't sound like good news. Lots of things are a bit jumbled these days, no!?!?
Shawn Crawford  -  Rio Rancho, NM.  
 BJCP, Worthogs Homebrew Club of New Mexico

Life is good. Beer makes it gooder.