Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: How many kegs fit in an Arctic King/Midea 7cu ft freezer/keezer?  (Read 627 times)

Offline Joe_Beer

• Brewer
Nevermind.. finally ran across this page talking about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/Homebrewing/comments/pa7i6i/chest_freezer_that_will_fit_4_kegs/

Anyone have an Arctic King (made by Midea) 7cu ft. keezer? I'm thinking of upgrading my kegerator to a keezer but I'm not sure how many corny kegs can fit in this one. Neither the sellers, nor Midea themselves, seem to be able to provide the internal dimensions. I've only found one retailer near me who stocks a freezer this size. When I measured it, it looks like I could only get three kegs in it. I may opt for a Komos kegerator otherwise (fits 4). I think an extra inch in one direction would make all the difference to fit four though, so I'm curious.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 04:00:28 pm by Joe_Beer »

Offline Kevin

• Brewmaster
  • Great beer. Less work. More fun.
Re: How many kegs fit in an Arctic King/Midea 7cu ft freezer/keezer?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 04:31:28 pm »
I don't have that specific model but I have had two 7cu ft. chest freezers and it will fit four on the floor. You might be able to get two pepsi kegs on the hump if your collar is large enough. Two 3 gallon kegs will fit on the hump easy with a collar made of 2x6's. That is of course if your CO2 tank is outside the unit and not sitting on the hump.
“He was a wise man who invented beer.”
- Plato

Offline Joe_Beer

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 05:12:38 am »
I don't have that specific model but I have had two 7cu ft. chest freezers and it will fit four on the floor. You might be able to get two pepsi kegs on the hump if your collar is large enough. Two 3 gallon kegs will fit on the hump easy with a collar made of 2x6's. That is of course if your CO2 tank is outside the unit and not sitting on the hump.

Thank you for the info! Yeah, CO2 will be on the outside somehow. I used to keep the tank in my kegerator but moved it external when I started saving yeast across batches.  Makes defrosting, swapping tanks, and adjusting sooo much easier.

Offline Joe_Beer

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2022, 03:34:48 pm »
Got it today. Can't really tell from the pic, but four kegs (+ more) checks out. 👍