Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: fak i need sleep  (Read 10282 times)

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
Re: fak i need sleep
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 10:52:59 am »
Does this look like a Q to you?
Jesse

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 11:13:53 am »
its like all of a sudden we all have a hollywood education.
Don AHA member

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 02:32:56 pm »
Thanks for having me and Cheryl over for dinner last night. The stroganauf was excellent.

Sir, we didn't have you for dinner last night.

Really? Well then, where was I? And who the hell is Cheryl?
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Lat 40* 6 m. 2.24 s. Long -74* 51 m. 21.75 s.
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 05:25:18 pm »
There are some good arguments for vegetarianism. Not just health reasons but humane ones. Animals have personalities, even cows and especially pigs. When I was a kid I lived on a farm for a few years, it was a great contrast cause up until then I spent my whole life in the inner city.

Where I was living there was this cow. I would visit with it several times a day. I wasn't the one who milked it regular but still I developed a bond with it. It would come running over when it saw me, and I know it would do that for almost no one else. We were buds.

Then a while back my brother in law talks me into buying a whole cow with him. He picked me up to go and get it. When we got to the farm the damn cow was still alive. It was still with the mother. My brother in law pulls out a 22 rifle and he and the farmer pull the cow into the barn. The mother cow knew exactly what was going on and its "moos" began to sound really scary, It was calling for the younger cow. After the pop there was some rustling and then there was another pop. He calls me into the barn and has me help hold the legs open as he gutted it. The innards spilled out onto the floor of the barn.The steam and smell of the inside of the cow hanged in the air. The mother cow outside no doubt smelled and knew what had happened, it began makeing crazy sounds that I never knew a cow could make. It was almost wining in sorrow. 

I never really enjoyed that beef. Think I gave most of it away.

More recently I had a pet rooster named poppy cock. It knew what time I would come home from work and it would wait for me on the tree where I park. Sometimes it would jump into the cab of the truck to greet me before I had time to get out. 

Indians, more specifically Hindus; dont eat meat. Because their belief is that killing of any kind is wrong.

Im not a vegetarian but sometime I wonder.
Beer, its whats for dinner.

http://theholyravioli.blogspot.com/

http:// www.thecapo.us

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 06:48:45 pm »
I wasn't the one who milked it regular but still I developed a bond with it.

I've got nipples. Can you milk me?
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Lat 40* 6 m. 2.24 s. Long -74* 51 m. 21.75 s.
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 07:28:53 pm »
Do you have moobs?

Maybe vegetarianism is for you?
Beer, its whats for dinner.

http://theholyravioli.blogspot.com/

http:// www.thecapo.us

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 08:06:18 pm »
Do you have moobs?

Maybe vegetarianism is for you?

Bollocks, I've seen plenty of fat vegetarians.
The moral majority, is neither.

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 08:47:54 pm »
I've got nipples, Greg. Can you milk me?

The thought of Robert DeNiro's delivery of this line is invoking a lot more humor, personally, than I would have expected, given a rather modest beer consumption this PM.

Cap, somewhat understand your sentiments.  Unfortunately the predicament of our own species is acute enough that I have hardly enough pity left for other species after the senseless slaughter of our own at such locations as the Somme, et al.  However I have great respect for the personally motivated vegetarians without the angry political streak, most particularly exemplified by the Hindus.  And of any culture, theirs is the one I'd be most amenable to sans meat!  Dal, bhaingan, various veg, all of it very well flavoured and spiced, with rice and bread.

It is interesting how relative vegetarianism can be...it seems the further away animals are from us on the genetic scale the more amenable we are to consuming them...some "vegetarians" of India consider fish completely acceptable, as "vegetables of the sea".  The closer to humans they get, the more qualms we have with killing and eating them.  Primates for example rarely are killed and eaten by Western cultures.

Offline akr71

• Brewmaster
  • Beer Ain't Drinkin' - Mojo Nixon
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 06:42:09 am »
We had a farm up until I was 10.  We had goats.  One year my folks decided to get a baby bull for eventuall slaughter.  Having no where else to put him (and not wanting to build more fences), he ended up in the same pasture as the goats.  One day my uncle called him 'Fred' and the name stuck.  You could tell Fred considered all the goat kids his age as his peers - he would try to play with them.  Their favorite game was King of the Hill - the kids would all be bucking and butting heads, trying to push each other off.  Fred would lumber up the hill, the kids would scatter and Fred look triumphantly down on them and then let out his twisted moo/baa sound, wodering why they all ran away.

When Fred was sent to his eventually demise, we ended up giving most of the beef away.  Don't name your food...
Andy

Amherst, NS - Canada

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 06:51:49 am »
My wife tried being a vegetarian once. Lord all mighty that was a PITA.

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 07:56:48 am »
Don't name your food...

If I don't name my food, how will I know what I'm eating? ;)
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

boulderbrewer

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 07:58:23 am »
It is so much easier to go to the grocery store to pick up some pieces that don't look much like that animal. Then again how safe is that now days.

Totally agree don't name your food. If you are going to kill it.

narvin

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2010, 08:00:32 am »
The closer to humans they get, the more qualms we have with killing and eating them.  Primates for example rarely are killed and eaten by Western cultures.

Dee: (picking out meat at the Chinese deli) OK, well, we'll take, um, that big brown mound and the curly stuff and then this thing that looks like a blanket.
Charlie: Try some of that.
Dee: Definitely.
Charlie: Oh, oh, oh! What about, uh, monkey? Monkeys are, like, nature's humans.
Dee: I doubt they have monkey, Charlie.
Charlie: People eat monkey, Dee. They ate it in Temple of Doom. You ever see that?
Chinese Butcher: Hey. We got monkey.
Dee: Oh! Well, will you look at that? Great. Uh, one monkey also then, please.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 08:04:23 am by narvin »

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2010, 08:33:02 am »

Indians, more specifically Hindus; dont eat meat. Because their belief is that killing of any kind is wrong.

Im not a vegetarian but sometime I wonder.

I have dogs and they bring me alot of joy.  I also have cats.  Yes...I am animal lover.

So this issue is a very difficult one for me to handle sometimes.  

Cap....I can definitely relate.
Ron Price

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2010, 09:09:09 am »
Sad story, Cap.

I absolutely love meat.  I don't eat that much red meat, to be honest, but I really enjoy it.  I'd rather not see the slaughter of the animal part, that'd really make me not want to eat the meat at all, and it's something I enjoy so I don't want to ruin that.  I don't like the meat industry, it's brutal and cruel.  But what are we to do?  Farming is more harmful to the environment than the meat industry with fertilizer and runoff into rivers.  Also it takes more space and we are running out of space.  It's not possible to sustain our existence on organic farming.  I think eating meat is a necessary evil.  I would just like to see the industry make a shift more towards free range or just having happier animals instead of keeping them in CAFOs.
Jesse