Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Bottle Conditioning with CBC-1  (Read 1709 times)

Offline foxbrew

• 1st Kit
Bottle Conditioning with CBC-1
« on: September 15, 2020, 04:48:28 pm »
Getting ready to bottle a 9% saison this weekend and I'm planning on adding a small amount of yeast (CBC-1) before bottling.  Would it be sufficient to just rehydrate the yeast before adding it to the bottling bucket, or should I plan on making a small starter the day before?

If making a starter is the correct answer, should I worry about the sugar (DME) in the starter having an impact on my corn sugar quantities for carbonation?

Thanks.  Appreciate your input.

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Bottle Conditioning with CBC-1
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 05:32:01 am »
I typically don’t add yeast at bottling, but if you feel the need to do so, simply rack into a bottling bucket with the dry yeast already in the bottom to get the yeast well mixed in the solution.  Starters from dry yeast are not typically recommended; but, rehydration has its proponents among those in this forum (I do neither with dry yeast).
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline dls5492

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 06:54:14 am »
The only time I add yeast when bottling is after the beer has been lagered. I usually lager a beer minimum of 1 month. Then about 1/3 of a dry pack. I consider it cheap insurance.
David S.
Cedar Falls, IA
Club: Cedar River Association of Zymurgy Enthusiasts (CRAZE)

And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Offline foxbrew

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 09:18:16 am »
Yea, the beer has been sitting in a secondary for over a month.  That, combined with the higher alcohol level, makes me just nervous enough to want some sort of insurance.

Offline MattyAHA

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 12:53:52 pm »
i used this on a year old sour and it worked like a charm
Matty

"This sweet nectar was my life blood"-  Phil "Landfill" krundle

Offline GrumpyWally

• 1st Kit
  • What goes here?
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 01:41:40 pm »
Sorry if this is too late, but I've had pretty good success using these instructions: https://www.lallemandbrewing.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/LAL-bestpractices-Bottle_conditioning_-_printbleed.pdf