Well, after moving in to my apartment back in May and finally getting my keezer moved in, I plugged it in only to find that it took a crap somewhere along the way. Thinking moving it may have cause a leak in the refrigerant lines. Every person I've talked to said trying to repair it myself isn't a great idea (not being very experienced with refrigeration), and getting someone in to fix it, I may as well buy a new freezer. Very disheartening, but at least the only significant loss was my time. I had picked the freezer up off craigslist for about $70, plus some materials from Home Depot (lumber and construction adhesive for the collar, a couple cans of Rustoleum appliance epoxy and chalk board paint). The rest of the purchased items will be able to be used on Keezer 2.0! Here's the current keezer, stripped of parts and awaiting recycling:
Luckily, my girlfriend, knowing how important this hobby is to me and being an absolute Saint, ordered me a brand new chest freezer as an early birthday present. I figured this would be a good opportunity to document my new keezer build, so I started this thread and will post pictures along the way. Hoping to have the freezer by tomorrow afternoon, and have it up and running ready to serve by next week, or the following week at the latest, as I currently have 3 kegs sitting in the basement waiting to be carbed and enjoyed..