Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: PSA  (Read 879 times)

Offline HopDen

• Senior Brewmaster
PSA
« on: October 07, 2020, 02:47:09 pm »
I just want to pass this along.

Do not under any circumstances use the self cleaning mode on you Samsung oven. Wife turned it on in morning before work, came home 9 hours later and found that the one and only control board was fried to smithereens. Obviously a serious design failure on their part AND they will not cover the damages which were $500 for the part and service call. To be fair, the oven is 4 years old but felt that Samsung should have stood by their product.

Anywhooo, cheers!!

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
Re: PSA
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 07:27:46 pm »
Odd, a company whose dryers and phones explode also has oven issues?

My brother had a dryer with their recall, I think they offered him $100 cash or $600 towards a new Samsung dryer when they hadn't resolved the issue yet... He took the cash.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 08:29:32 pm »
Odd, a company whose dryers and phones explode also has oven issues?

My brother had a dryer with their recall, I think they offered him $100 cash or $600 towards a new Samsung dryer when they hadn't resolved the issue yet... He took the cash.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Most of the "brands" of these types of appliances just slap their sticker on them. You can find nearly identical appliances with different brand names.

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 07:04:33 pm »
The self clean functions on ovens generally are a huge fire risk. I've used it once ever and I was about to move out of that house.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing