Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Crash 'n Keg  (Read 895 times)

Offline Bel Air Brewing

• Senior Brewmaster
Crash 'n Keg
« on: October 21, 2020, 02:10:57 pm »
We have 10 gallons of Fest Bier that is ready to keg now. But my brewing partners have COVID-19, and are under isolation for 14 days. So we can't keg their beer until they are well.

Will it hurt to leave the beer sitting in the fermenter at 32 degrees for the next two weeks?

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Crash 'n Keg
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 02:12:24 pm »
Won't hurt at all
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline allenhuerta

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 02:15:29 pm »
Might help!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 02:17:47 pm »
Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 06:17:39 pm »
We have 10 gallons of Fest Bier that is ready to keg now. But my brewing partners have COVID-19, and are under isolation for 14 days. So we can't keg their beer until they are well.

Will it hurt to leave the beer sitting in the fermenter at 32 degrees for the next two weeks?
I hope your brewing partners are recovering well.

I have a colleague that I work with from another company that just got Covid. I got one email a week ago and then nothing. I am hoping he is okay.

Offline Bel Air Brewing

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2020, 07:18:21 am »

I have a colleague that I work with from another company that just got Covid. I got one email a week ago and then nothing. I am hoping he is okay.

Thanks.

Their ages are 55 and 63. Both are in good overall health, so they should bounce back.
In the meantime, I'm brewing "solo", with a lighter version of the Fest Bier next in line.

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2020, 07:27:20 am »

Thanks.

Their ages are 55 and 63. Both are in good overall health, so they should bounce back.
In the meantime, I'm brewing "solo", with a lighter version of the Fest Bier next in line.
I can’t think of a better use case for Zoom ;)

Offline Bel Air Brewing

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2020, 04:55:04 pm »
My wife and I just kegged this 10 gallons of Oktoberfest.
Based on my small samples, it tastes as good or better than our previous efforts.
So the extended (2 weeks) time sitting at 33 degrees did not hurt it at all.