Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Wyeast Catalog?  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Megary

• Senior Brewmaster
Wyeast Catalog?
« on: October 15, 2020, 09:03:10 am »
Anyone ever see or have access to a product catalog from Wyeast?  Their website is certainly helpful, but I find a hard copy far more convenient.
I've e-mailed Wyeast but havent yet heard back.

I'm looking for something like what White Labs offers...where you can easily compare one yeast to another.
White Labs Catalog

Thanks in advance.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Wyeast Catalog?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 09:10:59 am »
In 20+ years of dealing with Wyeast, I've never seen one.  Of course, thay doesn't mean it doesnt exist.  I think maybe I recall a poster from them at some point that had similar info.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Megary

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 09:39:36 am »
In 20+ years of dealing with Wyeast, I've never seen one.  Of course, thay doesn't mean it doesnt exist.  I think maybe I recall a poster from them at some point that had similar info.

Thanks.  I've seen the poster and it is helpful, but unfortunately rather impossible to print legibly.

Offline roger

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 10:17:37 am »
I generally like hard copies as well, could be a generational thing, IDK. Have not seen anything from Wyeast either.

However, the big drawback with hard copies is as strains are added (or removed) from their selection, the hard copy is no longer current.
Roger

Offline Megary

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 04:21:04 pm »
Well, ask and you shall receive.

Wyeast replied to my email and sent me their “new” catalog. It’s actually a fold out pamphlet that has a concise description of all their yeasts and a “Find Your Strain” beer style guide.  Very useful.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 08:47:54 am »
Well, ask and you shall receive.

Wyeast replied to my email and sent me their “new” catalog. It’s actually a fold out pamphlet that has a concise description of all their yeasts and a “Find Your Strain” beer style guide.  Very useful.

They're good people.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell