Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Carbonation lid for corny  (Read 4041 times)

Online BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Carbonation lid for corny
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2018, 05:12:55 am »
You’d think, but evidently not in my valve’s case. (Most likely operator error)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 05:22:01 am by BrewBama »

Offline allenhuerta

• Brewer
Re: Carbonation lid for corny
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2020, 05:50:09 pm »
How much time are you really saving? My guess is not much. Besides, it's just another thing to clean and sanitize.
Been using the carbonation lids now since January (~20 batches.)  Will never use another method.  A stone is indeed another thing to clean, but just one little thing.   Fill keg, set in keezer and put gas on carbonation post at serving pressure and temperature overnight.  Move gas to regular in post.  Done.  Don't bother with an overcomplicated  Quick Carb.  Don't guess at burst or crank and shake methods. Don't wait for beer to carb while it's otherwise ready for drinking. There are numerous manufacturers of these things.
Reviving old thread..

So I read the directions that came with my product.. there were none but there were some online. According to what I understand here, I can just put it at serving pressure and disconnect in the morning and be ok?

I did the whole 2psi, 4psi, 6psi thing the first time but don't really want to deal with that now... But also want to try this beer tomorrow and not have it insanely overcarbonated... Like the last time when I was trying to get a beer ready for a club competition and I connected and shook... But it was nothing but foam pouring.. 

This will be my 3rd beer with it. Just transferred and it's connected at serving temp..

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Offline RC

• Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2020, 01:47:03 pm »
Provided you have the regulator set to the proper psi for the temp and your desired volumes of CO2, it won't overcarb. You don't have to disconnect it at all until the keg kicks. Those carb stones don't make more CO2 dissolve over and above what the regulator is set to, they just speed up the time it takes for the CO2 to dissolve into solution.

Offline allenhuerta

• Brewer
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2020, 02:42:01 pm »
Provided you have the regulator set to the proper psi for the temp and your desired volumes of CO2, it won't overcarb. You don't have to disconnect it at all until the keg kicks. Those carb stones don't make more CO2 dissolve over and above what the regulator is set to, they just speed up the time it takes for the CO2 to dissolve into solution.
Honestly that is good info. It is a pain to pull kegs and reconnect in my kegerator (commercially bought not homemade like my last) so if I can just leave it in place, that makes my life easier

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk