Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Corn Syrup w/ Vanilla  (Read 1830 times)

Online pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
Re: Corn Syrup w/ Vanilla
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2020, 05:35:24 pm »
Crime Ale lol!

I think I'll try it - for 2 gallons of Crime Ale:

1 lb. Pilsen Malt
1 lb. Red Wheat Malt
1 lb. Corn Syrup w/ Vanilla

Bitter to ~18 IBU w/ maybe Tettnang or Willamette.

US05 or Nottingham yeast.
Ideally brewed on Cell Block #9!

I really enjoy lighter beers - both making them and drinking them.  If that means using amylase enzymes, rice, flaked corn, corn syrup or rice syrup solids then so be it.

These beers were considered outstanding when they first arrived on the scene.

Europeans actively seek out American Macro Beers - not the heavy drinking German or Belgian beers!

The old stereotype that homebrewers that brew and/or drink such folly should be insulted and shunned is just outdated and plain foolish.

These are difficult beers to get right.

Nobody's opinion will stop me from trying to brew it, that's part of the fun of the hobby.  My other test beer (the all wheat) will be ready to try in a week or two.  Quite frankly I get a kick out of trying new recipes in this hobby.  That process of iteration (formulate/brew/test) is part of the fun.
I believe folks are making jokes about the "crime" autocorrect typo, not the beer recipe or style. 

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline rungdalek

• Cellarman
Re: Corn Syrup w/ Vanilla
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2020, 06:04:00 pm »
Crime Ale lol!

I think I'll try it - for 2 gallons of Crime Ale:

1 lb. Pilsen Malt
1 lb. Red Wheat Malt
1 lb. Corn Syrup w/ Vanilla

Bitter to ~18 IBU w/ maybe Tettnang or Willamette.

US05 or Nottingham yeast.
Ideally brewed on Cell Block #9!

I really enjoy lighter beers - both making them and drinking them.  If that means using amylase enzymes, rice, flaked corn, corn syrup or rice syrup solids then so be it.

These beers were considered outstanding when they first arrived on the scene.

Europeans actively seek out American Macro Beers - not the heavy drinking German or Belgian beers!

The old stereotype that homebrewers that brew and/or drink such folly should be insulted and shunned is just outdated and plain foolish.

These are difficult beers to get right.

Nobody's opinion will stop me from trying to brew it, that's part of the fun of the hobby.  My other test beer (the all wheat) will be ready to try in a week or two.  Quite frankly I get a kick out of trying new recipes in this hobby.  That process of iteration (formulate/brew/test) is part of the fun.
I believe folks are making jokes about the "crime" autocorrect typo, not the beer recipe or style. 

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

OIC, my apologies if that's the case.