Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New BP book on Quality Labs for Small Brewers: Members enjoy a discount!  (Read 1706 times)

Offline KRISTI

• 1st Kit
    • Brewers Publications
I am pleased to introduce Brewers Publications’ latest release, Quality Labs for Small Brewers: Building a Foundation for Great Beer by Merritt Waldron. Through July 21, members enjoy a members-only presale discount of 30% off the cover price. USPS shipping has been added and is functioning (thank you for your patience!).

Quality is both a system and a state of mind. The goal for this title was to help small brewers walk step-by-step through the process of establishing and writing a quality program for their brewery. Building an effective quality program will empower staff to directly influence the consistent production of safe, quality beer from grain to glass. Brewers will learn how policies, procedures, and specifications can help ensure quality throughout the process. They will discover how to build a foundation and culture of quality within their brewery—no matter what the size—by establishing protocols, corrective actions, and improvements.

Brewers will see results through the application and implementation of prerequisite programs like Good Manufacturing Practices and food safety requirements. With these programs in place, they can dive beyond the numbers and build an understanding of a small brewer’s most important measurements and how to analyze them. These routines will help pinpoint any risks or areas of improvement and ensure that only quality beer reaches the customer, time after time.

This title joins a suite of professional publications: The Brewers Association’s Guide to Starting Your Own Brewery; The Draught Beer Quality Manual; Quality Management: Essential Planning for Breweries; and Small Brewery Finance: Accounting Principles and Planning for the Craft Brewer.

About the Author:
Combining his passion for science and craft beer, Merritt Waldron grew the quality program at Rising Tide Brewing Company in Portland, Maine from 900 to 4,800 barrels. An avid homebrewer for 15 years, Merritt holds a degree in physics from the University of Southern Maine. He is highly active in the brewing community and speaks about quality at the Craft Brewers Conference, MBAA district meetings, and the New England Craft Brew Summit. Merritt is currently Quality Director at Baxter Brewing Co. and resides with his wife in Portland, Maine.
As always, I welcome your thoughts and any ideas you may have on future titles or potential authors that will complement the Brewers Publications catalog.

Cheers,
Kristi Switzer
Publisher, Brewers Publications

Kristi Switzer

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
Is there a link to this book?
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
I tried to find one when Kristi put this up, my Google Skilz were better today.

https://www.brewerspublications.com/products/quality-labs-for-small-brewers
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline KRISTI

• 1st Kit
    • Brewers Publications
Thanks, Jeff! I didn't see that my link didn't translate over to the forum!

Just a reminder that tomorrow (Tuesday, July 21) is the last day to pick up your new BP title, Quality Labs for Small Brewers: Building a Foundation for Great Beer by Merritt Waldron. Just think, you could be immersed in this book very soon and learning more about how to ensure your quality from grain to glass. This book is written from the perspective of small brewers. Take your next step and learn what you can do to get started or improve your quality. Here’s to great beer over and over again!

You'll need to be logged in to see the discounted price.
https://www.brewerspublications.com/products/quality-labs-for-small-brewers

As always - if you have book ideas, please let me know. Or maybe you are or would like to be a writer and share your knowledge with others. Please don't hesitate to reach out and kick around ideas before submitting a proposal. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1932/5999/files/BP_Proposal_Guidelines.docx?12047465704178052628

Cheers!
Kristi
Kristi Switzer